Learn everything you need to know about JetBlue TrueBlue on this recorded TPG Talks webinar
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We love a great welcome bonus on travel credit cards here at TPG, so naturally we were thrilled when we got word of the 100,000-point offer on the JetBlue Plus card last month. The carrier’s TrueBlue program can offer a ton of value — if you know where to look.
And that’s exactly what we did on our special edition of TPG Talks as part of Airlines Week at the 2020 TPG Awards. I was joined by my partner-in-crime Richard Kerr, TPG’s Loyalty and Engagement Editor, as we took a deep dive into JetBlue TrueBlue while looking ahead to what 2021 looks like for the New York-based airline.
Despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, 2020 has been a busy year for JetBlue. It stunned the frequent flyer world when it announced a new partnership with American Airlines, and it also has added many new routes — including new Mint service from Newark (EWR) as well as flights to Montrose, CO (MJT), just in time for ski season. The carrier even opened a new base in Los Angeles (LAX) as it formally bid farewell to its former hub in Long Beach (LGB) — and its first Airbus A220-300 is scheduled for delivery next month.
If possible, 2021 could be even busier for JetBlue, as it hopes to launch the new link-up with AA and commence long-awaited flights to London in its new Airbus A321LR.
That means now is a great time to study up on the carrier’s TrueBlue loyalty program. From family pooling to earning points with Amazon.com while shopping in-flight to transferring points from American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards, you have a plethora of ways to make the most of your TrueBlue points — especially if you apply for the JetBlue Plus card and snag the 100,000-point welcome bonus after meeting minimum spend requirements.
The information for the JetBlue Plus card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you want to learn more about TrueBlue, be sure to review the recording of our webinar below.
For more information on JetBlue’s TrueBlue loyalty program and the JetBlue Plus card, check out the following links:
- JetBlue to offer free COVID testing as it looks towards more travel returning in 2021
- The complete guide to the JetBlue TrueBlue program
- How to earn points in the JetBlue TrueBlue program
- How to redeem points with the JetBlue TrueBlue program
- First time ever: JetBlue is launching 100,000-point card sign-up bonuses
- How to maximize 100,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points in 2021
- Why the JetBlue Plus Card remains firmly in my wallet
TPG Talks is a series of live webinars hosted by team members from The Points Guy, covering various aspects of the travel, credit card and loyalty industries. Join from anywhere in the world on any device to learn tips and tricks that’ll get you closer to your next dream vacation.
For a list of previous sessions, visit our TPG Talks hub page, or click on any of the links below for individual recaps:
- TPG Talks #1: Online shopping portals
- TPG Talks #2: Under-the-radar loyalty programs
- TPG Talks #3: Future of cruising
- TPG Talks #4: Beginner’s guide
- TPG Talks #5: Travel changes and cancellations
- TPG Talks #6: New era of flight deals
- TPG Talks #7: Credit card strategy during COVID-19
- TPG Talks #8: Advanced redemption tactics
- TPG Talks #9: Disney and theme park reopening
- TPG Talks #10: Aviation chat during COVID-19
- TPG Talks #11: Alternatives to hotels, including timeshare booking with KOALA
- TPG Talks #12: Credit card strategy during COVID-19 (revisited)
- TPG Talks #13: 5 important things to know about the return of cruising from our conversation with MSC Cruises and Cruise Planners
Featured photo by Zach Griff / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.