TPG Talks episode six: A new era of flight deals with Scott’s Cheap Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In episode six of the TPG Talks, Scott Keyes — founder and Chief Flight Expert of the airfare deal subscription company Scott’s Cheap Flights — described what he sees happening to prices in 2020 and beyond. COVID-19 continues to have substantial effects on the airline industry. When carriers cut their route networks, park hundreds of aircraft or suspend operations entirely, what does that mean for the future of flight deals?
Register for our next TPG Talks webinar at this link
If you’ve been wondering about that very question, make sure to watch the replay of this week’s episode with Scott. Then, head over to the TPG Lounge on Facebook and join the conversation on today’s episode at this thread.
Scott started out by giving us the current deals landscape, where his team of flight deal researches have seen an increase in the number of deals since the current pandemic began. We then talked the latest developments on whether mistake fares are being honored, best practices for booking great fares and looked to the future of the deal’s landscape as well as the airplane experience in a COVID-19 world.
For more details these topics and more, check out the following articles:
- When will we start traveling again?
- Now may be the time to book future travel
- When will international travel return? A country-by-country guide to coronavirus recovery
- Airline coronavirus change and cancellation policies: A complete list of major carriers
TPG Talks is a series of live webinars hosted by team members from The Points Guy, covering various aspects of the travel, credit card and loyalty industries. Join from anywhere in the world on any device to learn tips and tricks that’ll get you closer to your next dream vacation.
For a list of previous sessions, visit our TPG Talks hub page, or click on any of the links below for individual recaps:
- TPG Talks #1: Online shopping portals
- TPG Talks #2: Under-the-radar loyalty programs
- TPG Talks #3: Future of cruising
- TPG Talks #4: Beginner’s guide
- TPG Talks #5: Travel changes and cancellations
Featured image courtesy Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.