TPG Talks episode three: The future of cruising
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Joining us on episode three of TPG Talks was Gene Sloan, TPG’s Senior Reporter for Cruise and Travel. Gene has been covering the travel industry for over 20 years and is one of the most knowledgeable people in the United States on the cruise industry.
With COVID-19 stopping almost every cruise vessel in the world from operating, there’s a lot of consider from both a health and business standpoint about what the future of cruising holds. Be sure to watch the replay to learn how to handle any of your current cruise bookings as well as what to expect when it’s time to cruise again.
- 7:32 – Where the cruise industry stands today (April 30, 2020)
- 11:00 – Passionate cruisers vs. Never cruisers
- 13:07 – CDC do not sail orders
- 16:32 – What to do about current cruise bookings
- 22:10 – Cruise insurance and pandemic coverage
- 24:40 – How will cruise lines communicate with passengers?
- 26:57 – Cruise itineraries may change when sailings resume
- 29:33 – Cruise industry financial standing
- 33:56 – Statements from cruise line leaderships
- 36:00 – Stock holdings
- 38:13 – Cruise ship health considerations
- 44:44 – Will there be age restrictions?
- 46:44 – Gene’s opinion on when it will be safe to cruise again
- 49:13 – Rapid fire Q&A
Follow on reading and important links:
Be sure to catch all the future TPG Talks webinars live by registering for your spot. You can catch all of our upcoming live events across all of our online channels through our master calendar. You can also re-watch recordings of all previous TPG Talks on the TPG Learning Hub.
Featured image courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.