TPG Talks episode three: The future of cruising
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Joining us on episode three of TPG Talks was Gene Sloan, TPG’s Senior Reporter for Cruise and Travel. Gene has been covering the travel industry for over 20 years and is one of the most knowledgeable people in the United States on the cruise industry.
With COVID-19 stopping almost every cruise vessel in the world from operating, there’s a lot of consider from both a health and business standpoint about what the future of cruising holds. Be sure to watch the replay to learn how to handle any of your current cruise bookings as well as what to expect when it’s time to cruise again.
- 7:32 – Where the cruise industry stands today (April 30, 2020)
- 11:00 – Passionate cruisers vs. Never cruisers
- 13:07 – CDC do not sail orders
- 16:32 – What to do about current cruise bookings
- 22:10 – Cruise insurance and pandemic coverage
- 24:40 – How will cruise lines communicate with passengers?
- 26:57 – Cruise itineraries may change when sailings resume
- 29:33 – Cruise industry financial standing
- 33:56 – Statements from cruise line leaderships
- 36:00 – Stock holdings
- 38:13 – Cruise ship health considerations
- 44:44 – Will there be age restrictions?
- 46:44 – Gene’s opinion on when it will be safe to cruise again
- 49:13 – Rapid fire Q&A
Follow on reading and important links:
Be sure to catch all the future TPG Talks webinars live by registering for your spot. You can catch all of our upcoming live events across all of our online channels through our master calendar. You can also re-watch recordings of all previous TPG Talks on the TPG Learning Hub.
Featured image courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.