TPG Talks episode three: The future of cruising
Joining us on episode three of TPG Talks was Gene Sloan, TPG's Senior Reporter for Cruise and Travel. Gene has been covering the travel industry for over 20 years and is one of the most knowledgeable people in the United States on the cruise industry.
With COVID-19 stopping almost every cruise vessel in the world from operating, there's a lot of consider from both a health and business standpoint about what the future of cruising holds. Be sure to watch the replay to learn how to handle any of your current cruise bookings as well as what to expect when it's time to cruise again.
- 7:32 - Where the cruise industry stands today (April 30, 2020)
- 11:00 - Passionate cruisers vs. Never cruisers
- 13:07 - CDC do not sail orders
- 16:32 - What to do about current cruise bookings
- 22:10 - Cruise insurance and pandemic coverage
- 24:40 - How will cruise lines communicate with passengers?
- 26:57 - Cruise itineraries may change when sailings resume
- 29:33 - Cruise industry financial standing
- 33:56 - Statements from cruise line leaderships
- 36:00 - Stock holdings
- 38:13 - Cruise ship health considerations
- 44:44 - Will there be age restrictions?
- 46:44 - Gene's opinion on when it will be safe to cruise again
- 49:13 - Rapid fire Q&A
Follow on reading and important links:
Hub page for TPG's cruise coverage
Expecting a refund for a canceled cruise? Here’s how long it could take
Finally, some good news for cruisers worried about strict new boarding procedures
Here's why you shouldn't take a voucher if your cruise is canceled
The bizarre story of the last 8 cruise ship passengers still at sea
Be sure to catch all the future TPG Talks webinars live by registering for your spot. You can catch all of our upcoming live events across all of our online channels through our master calendar. You can also re-watch recordings of all previous TPG Talks on the TPG Learning Hub.