Prime Day reminder: Earn 3x JetBlue points for in-flight Amazon purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information.
Between promotions like a $15 discount by using just one Chase Ultimate Rewards point and 5x bonus points on Amazon through Amex Offers, there are several ways to save on your Amazon purchases this Prime Day.
However, if you’re flying with JetBlue — both on Prime Day (Oct. 13 and 14) and beyond — you can earn even greater rewards.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Earning 3x JetBlue points on Amazon purchases
JetBlue flyers can earn 3 TrueBlue points per dollar when shopping on Amazon in-flight using the carrier’s free Fly-Fi internet. All you need to do is log in to Fly-Fi using the name and email associated with your TrueBlue account, then go to Amazon.com to shop and earn on eligible products.
Note, this offer is not valid when using the Amazon mobile app, so you want to ensure you’re shopping on Amazon.com through a web browser when shopping with your mobile device.
If you log in to Fly-Fi using the “Guest Access” option, you’ll need to click on the Amazon carousel ad that appears on the landing page to be redirected to the TrueBlue sign-in/sign-up page to shop and earn TrueBlue points.
While there are a few portals that offer cash back for Amazon purchases in certain categories, this is essentially the only way you could earn airline miles for nearly all Amazon purchases. JetBlue used to allow you to earn points for Amazon purchases through a portal from the ground, but that option is no longer available. You can still earn JetBlue points for purchases from other merchants through its ShopTrue shopping portal.
As a reminder, you’ll want to maximize your rewards on Amazon purchases by using a credit card such as the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Citi® Double Cash Card or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express. Check out this post for a deeper dive into the best cards for Amazon purchases — not only on Prime Day but every day of the year.
The information for the Amazon Prime Visa has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Follow The Points Guy for comprehensive coverage of Prime Day 2020 — click here for more great deals.
Featured image by Benji Stawski / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.