Prime Day reminder: Earn 3x JetBlue points for in-flight Amazon purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information.
Between promotions like a $15 discount by using just one Chase Ultimate Rewards point and 5x bonus points on Amazon through Amex Offers, there are several ways to save on your Amazon purchases this Prime Day.
However, if you’re flying with JetBlue — both on Prime Day (Oct. 13 and 14) and beyond — you can earn even greater rewards.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Earning 3x JetBlue points on Amazon purchases
JetBlue flyers can earn 3 TrueBlue points per dollar when shopping on Amazon in-flight using the carrier’s free Fly-Fi internet. All you need to do is log in to Fly-Fi using the name and email associated with your TrueBlue account, then go to Amazon.com to shop and earn on eligible products.
Note, this offer is not valid when using the Amazon mobile app, so you want to ensure you’re shopping on Amazon.com through a web browser when shopping with your mobile device.
If you log in to Fly-Fi using the “Guest Access” option, you’ll need to click on the Amazon carousel ad that appears on the landing page to be redirected to the TrueBlue sign-in/sign-up page to shop and earn TrueBlue points.
While there are a few portals that offer cash back for Amazon purchases in certain categories, this is essentially the only way you could earn airline miles for nearly all Amazon purchases. JetBlue used to allow you to earn points for Amazon purchases through a portal from the ground, but that option is no longer available. You can still earn JetBlue points for purchases from other merchants through its ShopTrue shopping portal.
As a reminder, you’ll want to maximize your rewards on Amazon purchases by using a credit card such as the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Citi® Double Cash Card or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express. Check out this post for a deeper dive into the best cards for Amazon purchases — not only on Prime Day but every day of the year.
The information for the Amazon Prime Visa has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Follow The Points Guy for comprehensive coverage of Prime Day 2020 — click here for more great deals.
Featured image by Benji Stawski / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees