Prime Day Reminder: Earn 3x JetBlue Points for In-Flight Amazon Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Between promotions like a 20% discount by using one Amex Membership Reward point and a $10 promotional credit by spending $10+ at Whole Foods, there are several ways to save on your Amazon purchases on this #PrimeDay2019. However, if you’re flying with JetBlue — both on Prime Day (July 15 and 16) and beyond — you can earn even greater rewards.
JetBlue flyers can earn 3 TrueBlue points per dollar when shopping on Amazon in-flight using the carrier’s free Fly-Fi internet. All you need to do is log in to Fly-Fi using the name and email associated with your TrueBlue account, then go to Amazon.com to shop and earn on eligible products. Note, this offer is not valid when using the Amazon mobile app, so you want to ensure you’re shopping on Amazon.com through a web browser when shopping with your mobile device. If you log in to Fly-Fi using the “Guest Access” option, you’ll need to click on the Amazon carousel ad that appears on the landing page to be redirected to the TrueBlue sign-in/sign-up page to shop and earn TrueBlue points.
While there are a few portals that offer cash back for Amazon purchases in certain categories, this is essentially the only way you could earn airline miles for nearly all Amazon purchases. JetBlue used to allow you to earn points for Amazon purchases through a portal from the ground, but that option is no longer available. You can, however, still earn JetBlue points for purchases from other merchants through its ShopTrue shopping portal.
As a reminder, you’ll want to maximize your rewards on Amazon purchases by using a credit card such as the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Citi Double Cash Card or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express. Check out this post for a deeper dive into the best cards for Amazon purchases — not only on Prime Day, but every day of the year. The information for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Follow The Points Guy for comprehensive coverage of Prime Day 2019 — click here for more great deals.
Featured image by Benji Stawski / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.