Check to see if you can save $10 off your next Amazon order using just 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards point
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Editor’s note: This post is regularly updated with the latest promotion.
Amazon and Chase have extended a promotion that lets Ultimate Rewards cardholders save on their orders. Now, it appears that more cardholders have been targeted for the offer.
For a limited time, Amazon is offering targeted Chase cardholders to get $10 off orders of $30 or more by redeeming just one Ultimate Rewards point. Not everyone is eligible for the offer, but you might be eligible now, even if you haven’t been in the past. Or, it’s entirely eligible you are eligible for a fresh discount once again. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve, it’s worth checking if you’ve been targeted.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
How to get $10 off by redeeming one Chase Ultimate Rewards point
To see if you’ve been targeted for the discount and activate it, follow these steps:
- Link your Chase Ultimate Rewards account to Amazon if you haven’t already done so. It can take up to 24 hours for your card to be linked before you can activate the offer, so don’t wait.
- Check here to see if you’re targeted for the offer.
- Click the “Click to activate” button before shopping.
- Load up your cart with $30 or more worth of eligible items sold by Amazon (Amazon gift cards excluded).
- Select your linked Chase card for the payment method.
- Apply just one point and pay for the rest of the order with your Chase card.
If you were targeted for the offer and followed all of these steps, then the discount should automatically be reflected on the checkout page — no promo code is necessary. However, we only recommend redeeming a single point against the order since using more will yield a lower return. Ultimate Rewards points are equivalent to a paltry 0.8 apiece on Amazon, and that’s well below TPG’s valuation of Ultimate Rewards points at 2 cents each.
The fine print
- The offer is targeted to select Chase cardholders.
- The maximum you could save with this promotion is $10
- The promotion runs through June 30, 2021, or when 45,000 customers have redeemed the offer (whichever is earlier).
- Offer is only good on items sold by Amazon. Be sure to look for the “sold by Amazon” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services.” Items that are ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ or ‘Prime Eligible’ may or may not qualify.
- Offer does not apply to Amazon gift cards or digital content.
- It says this offer is not available to eligible Chase cardmembers who have previously used Ultimate Rewards to shop at Amazon.com, but it seems like this is not strictly enforced.
Things to keep in mind
Only products sold by Amazon.com are eligible; Amazon gift cards and digital content are explicitly excluded. If you don’t have any specific purchases in mind, consider buying third-party retailer gift cards that you can use, such as:
Note that when you activate the promotion, your Chase Ultimate Rewards points will be temporarily set as the default payment method at checkout. So, be sure to change your payment method if you make subsequent Amazon purchases after taking advantage of this offer.
You also should definitely have two-factor authentication turned on for your account in case of unauthorized use.
Regardless of whether you were targeted for this offer, now is a good time to make sure that all of your cards that earn Chase Ultimate Rewards, Amex Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards are linked to your Amazon account. Although paying with points isn’t a good use of your points normally, paying with just one point can unlock excellent value during targeted promotions. Here’s how to link each type of card with Amazon:
Similar promotions currently available:
- Save on your next Amazon order using 1 Citi ThankYou point
- Save on your next Amazon order using 1 Amex point
Additional reporting by Katie Genter
Featured image by Jason Alden/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees