Check to see if you can save $10 off your next Amazon order using just 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards point
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post is regularly updated with the latest promotion.
Amazon and Chase have extended a promotion that lets Ultimate Rewards cardholders save on their orders. Now, it appears that more cardholders have been targeted for the offer.
For a limited time, Amazon is offering targeted Chase cardholders to get $10 off orders of $30 or more by redeeming just one Ultimate Rewards point. Not everyone is eligible for the offer, but you might be eligible now, even if you haven’t been in the past. Or, it’s entirely eligible you are eligible for a fresh discount once again. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve, it’s worth checking if you’ve been targeted.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
How to get $10 off by redeeming one Chase Ultimate Rewards point
To see if you’ve been targeted for the discount and activate it, follow these steps:
- Link your Chase Ultimate Rewards account to Amazon if you haven’t already done so. It can take up to 24 hours for your card to be linked before you can activate the offer, so don’t wait.
- Check here to see if you’re targeted for the offer.
- Click the “Click to activate” button before shopping.
- Load up your cart with $30 or more worth of eligible items sold by Amazon (Amazon gift cards excluded).
- Select your linked Chase card for the payment method.
- Apply just one point and pay for the rest of the order with your Chase card.
If you were targeted for the offer and followed all of these steps, then the discount should automatically be reflected on the checkout page — no promo code is necessary. However, we only recommend redeeming a single point against the order since using more will yield a lower return. Ultimate Rewards points are equivalent to a paltry 0.8 apiece on Amazon, and that’s well below TPG’s valuation of Ultimate Rewards points at 2 cents each.
The fine print
- The offer is targeted to select Chase cardholders.
- The maximum you could save with this promotion is $10
- The promotion runs through June 30, 2021, or when 45,000 customers have redeemed the offer (whichever is earlier).
- Offer is only good on items sold by Amazon. Be sure to look for the “sold by Amazon” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services.” Items that are ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ or ‘Prime Eligible’ may or may not qualify.
- Offer does not apply to Amazon gift cards or digital content.
- It says this offer is not available to eligible Chase cardmembers who have previously used Ultimate Rewards to shop at Amazon.com, but it seems like this is not strictly enforced.
Things to keep in mind
Only products sold by Amazon.com are eligible; Amazon gift cards and digital content are explicitly excluded. If you don’t have any specific purchases in mind, consider buying third-party retailer gift cards that you can use, such as:
Note that when you activate the promotion, your Chase Ultimate Rewards points will be temporarily set as the default payment method at checkout. So, be sure to change your payment method if you make subsequent Amazon purchases after taking advantage of this offer.
You also should definitely have two-factor authentication turned on for your account in case of unauthorized use.
Regardless of whether you were targeted for this offer, now is a good time to make sure that all of your cards that earn Chase Ultimate Rewards, Amex Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards are linked to your Amazon account. Although paying with points isn’t a good use of your points normally, paying with just one point can unlock excellent value during targeted promotions. Here’s how to link each type of card with Amazon:
Similar promotions currently available:
- Save on your next Amazon order using 1 Citi ThankYou point
- Save on your next Amazon order using 1 Amex point
Additional reporting by Katie Genter
Featured image by Jason Alden/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.