Watch this recorded webinar on credit card strategy during COVID-19 — and snag a promo code for Grubhub
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Credit card companies have instituted a deluge of new benefits and bonus categories over the last few months. Some of these are meant to entice customers to increase their spending, while others are designed to make existing benefits easier to use. With travel perks becoming less useful, at-home benefits like food delivery and grocery spending bonuses are more appealing than ever — and we're seeing new (or updated) partnerships crop up from many card issuers.
To help break down these changes and help you maximize your wallet, we sat down with TPG’s credit card experts Madison Blancaflor and Chris Dong on our most recent TPG Talks webinar to discuss card strategy during COVID-19.
Sign-up for the TPG daily newsletter to get stories like this delivered to your inbox.
The session was brought to you by Grubhub, a food-delivery service that partners with the American Express® Gold Card to offer monthly statement credits to cardholders. And if you didn't get a chance to tune in, you can snag $5 off your next order of $15 or more with Grubhub by entering the code TPGTALKS. But hurry! The code is only good through Sunday Sept. 27, and quantities are limited.
As mentioned on the session, we've seen a slew of new, enhanced credit card offers launch over the last few weeks. If you're in the market for a new card, now could be a great time to jump on it. Here are two in particular that Madison and Chris flagged during the webinar:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months from account opening.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
It's worth noting that both Chase and Capital One have also made changes to redemption options on these cards in light of the pandemic, so they may be even more lucrative right now, even when most of us aren't traveling.
READ MORE: Full reviews for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Capital One Venture cards
Want to see everything we discussed? Check out the full recording below — and scroll down for the links we shared in the chat during the session.
Full session recording
Follow-up links and important reading
Check out the following articles for more information:
- Which card should I use? A guide to navigating COVID card bonuses and benefits
- September roundup: The latest credit card benefit changes you need to know about
- The best grocery credit cards for 2020
- Best credit cards for gas purchases
- Here are 17 food delivery promo codes to help you save money on your next meal
- Amex announces limited-time perks for select Amex Membership Rewards, Delta, Marriott and Hilton cards
- Maximizing cash back with Chase’s Pay Yourself Back feature
- Chase’s 5/24 rule: Everything you need to know
- The ultimate guide to credit card application restrictions
TPG Talks is a series of live webinars hosted by team members from The Points Guy, covering various aspects of the travel, credit card and loyalty industries. Join from anywhere in the world on any device to learn tips and tricks that’ll get you closer to your next dream vacation.