Last chance to register for today’s webinar on international airline strategy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The airline industry has been hit hard by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Despite TSA surpassing 1 million screened passengers for the first time since March, it’s still a far cry from where things were at this time last year. Some executives don’t see demand returning to pre-pandemic levels until 2024.
In the midst of the uncertainty, however, we have seen carriers announce new international service (in addition to domestic route changes). Perhaps most notable among these announcements is United, which is planning to expand its network to cities like Johannesburg (JNB) and Bangalore (BLR) in 2021.
So how exactly do these decisions get made, and what other considerations go into an airline’s international strategy?
Well, you have a chance to peek behind the curtain a bit on today’s Future of Travel webinar, as TPG’s founder and CEO Brian Kelly welcomes Patrick Quayle, Vice President of International Network and Alliances for United Airlines. They’ll cover a lot of ground, including the pandemic’s initial impact on United’s network and how the carrier is looking to 2021 and beyond in meeting the needs of its customers around the world.
But don’t wait! Registration closes as soon as the session begins, so you have just a few hours left to reserve your spot.
Date: Tuesday Oct. 27
Time: 2 p.m. Eastern Time / 11 a.m. Pacific Time
Location: Zoom webinar — Register here
Even if you can’t attend the live session, go ahead and register anyway. You’ll then receive a link to the recording within 24 hours of the webinar.
In his current role, Patrick oversees United’s international strategy, which covers numerous aspects of the airline’s global operation — including capacity, scheduling, alliances and even aircraft configuration. That includes the reconfiguration of United’s widebody fleet with Polaris business class, a product that continues to roll out across the fleet.
Whether your a United loyalist or simply want to learn more about what happens behind the scenes at a global airline, this is a session you don’t want to miss.
But don’t wait — registration closes when the session begins in just a few hours. Sign up now so you don’t miss out.
“The Future of Travel with Brian Kelly” is a series of live events looking ahead at what’s in store for the travel industry as it begins to recover from the coronavirus pandemic. Join Brian as he interviews top experts and company executives on a range of topics, including traveler health, cleanliness measures, loyalty programs and what it all means for the traveling public.
For recordings of past sessions, please visit the following links:
- Future of cruising with Carnival CEO Arnold Donald
- Your health and travel with Doctor Mike
- Airline operations with JetBlue President and COO Joanna Geraghty
- 6 things America’s top flight attendant thinks about the future of travel, with Sara Nelson
- Hear from Brian Kelly and Oneika Raymond on the future of inclusive travel
- What will the future of international travel look like? Here’s what a US state department rep had to say
- The 5 things first-time RV renters should know, according to the CEO of RVshare
- Learn about the future of travel to the Middle East on this recorded webinar
- 5 key takeaways from our conversation with Hyatt’s Chief Commercial Officer
Featured photo by Zach Griff / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees