Learn about the future of travel to the Middle East on this recorded webinar
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
International travel has taken a huge hit due the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Many countries have closed their borders to tourists, while others have required mandatory quarantines or proof of negative PCR tests upon arrival. That said, we’re starting to see some of these restrictions ease — a trend that will hopefully continue in the weeks and months to come.
One such country that has started welcoming foreigners in again is the United Arab Emirates, as Dubai and Abu Dhabi are both open for travelers. But what exactly does that mean for those planning a visit?
On this week’s Future of Travel webinar, TPG’s founder and CEO, Brian Kelly, welcomed Vincent Frascogna, Vice President of the Americas at Etihad Airways. During their time together, Brian and Vincent covered a myriad of topics, including:
- The current status of entering the UAE — including some differences between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- What Etihad is doing to ensure the safety and well-being of passengers
- Requirements to fly on Etihad during the pandemic (masks and a negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of check in)
- A return of Etihad’s A380
- How Etihad is looking ahead to 2021 and beyond
However, there’s still a lot up in the air, however, so if you’re at all thinking about taking a future trip to the Middle East, check out the full recording below.
More about Etihad Airways
Etihad has some of the most luxurious cabins in the world of commercial aviation — including the three-room Residence and the spacious First Apartments on the carrier’s A380s. While these planes are currently grounded due to the pandemic, Etihad has committed to keeping them around, giving plenty of additional opportunities for travelers to visit Abu Dhabi (or beyond) in style.
“The Future of Travel with Brian Kelly” is a series of live events looking ahead at what’s in store for the travel industry as it begins to recover from the coronavirus pandemic. Join Brian as he interviews top experts and company executives on a range of topics, including traveler health, cleanliness measures, loyalty programs and what it all means for the traveling public.
For recordings of past sessions, please visit the following links:
- Future of cruising with Carnival CEO Arnold Donald
- Your health and travel with Doctor Mike
- Airline operations with JetBlue President and COO Joanna Geraghty
- 6 things America’s top flight attendant thinks about the future of travel, with Sara Nelson
- Hear from Brian Kelly and Oneika Raymond on the future of inclusive travel
- What will the future of international travel look like? Here’s what a US state department rep had to say
- The 5 things first-time RV renters should know, according to the CEO of RVshare
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.