Learn about the future of travel to the Middle East on this recorded webinar
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
International travel has taken a huge hit due the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Many countries have closed their borders to tourists, while others have required mandatory quarantines or proof of negative PCR tests upon arrival. That said, we’re starting to see some of these restrictions ease — a trend that will hopefully continue in the weeks and months to come.
One such country that has started welcoming foreigners in again is the United Arab Emirates, as Dubai and Abu Dhabi are both open for travelers. But what exactly does that mean for those planning a visit?
On this week’s Future of Travel webinar, TPG’s founder and CEO, Brian Kelly, welcomed Vincent Frascogna, Vice President of the Americas at Etihad Airways. During their time together, Brian and Vincent covered a myriad of topics, including:
- The current status of entering the UAE — including some differences between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- What Etihad is doing to ensure the safety and well-being of passengers
- Requirements to fly on Etihad during the pandemic (masks and a negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of check in)
- A return of Etihad’s A380
- How Etihad is looking ahead to 2021 and beyond
However, there’s still a lot up in the air, however, so if you’re at all thinking about taking a future trip to the Middle East, check out the full recording below.
More about Etihad Airways
Etihad has some of the most luxurious cabins in the world of commercial aviation — including the three-room Residence and the spacious First Apartments on the carrier’s A380s. While these planes are currently grounded due to the pandemic, Etihad has committed to keeping them around, giving plenty of additional opportunities for travelers to visit Abu Dhabi (or beyond) in style.
“The Future of Travel with Brian Kelly” is a series of live events looking ahead at what’s in store for the travel industry as it begins to recover from the coronavirus pandemic. Join Brian as he interviews top experts and company executives on a range of topics, including traveler health, cleanliness measures, loyalty programs and what it all means for the traveling public.
For recordings of past sessions, please visit the following links:
- Future of cruising with Carnival CEO Arnold Donald
- Your health and travel with Doctor Mike
- Airline operations with JetBlue President and COO Joanna Geraghty
- 6 things America’s top flight attendant thinks about the future of travel, with Sara Nelson
- Hear from Brian Kelly and Oneika Raymond on the future of inclusive travel
- What will the future of international travel look like? Here’s what a US state department rep had to say
- The 5 things first-time RV renters should know, according to the CEO of RVshare
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees