Learn about airline operations on this recorded webinar with JetBlue’s President and COO
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The coronavirus pandemic has had massive impacts on the travel industry, but what will the future of flying look like from the passenger’s perspective? We’ve already seen first-hand reports from TPG staffers, and long-time staples may be on the chopping block, but on this week’s Future of Travel webinar with Brian Kelly, we heard directly from someone at the top.
Joining us was Joanna Geraghty, President and Chief Operating Officer of JetBlue. Joanna has been with JetBlue since 2005, and in her current role is responsible for the carrier’s operations and commercial performance — including network, brand and marketing, and revenue management. This experience was on display throughout the webinar, as she discussed how JetBlue has adjusted to the pandemic and how it’s looking to the future (and don’t worry, Joanna confirmed that the much-anticipated flights to London are still on for 2021).
Whether you’re a loyal JetBlue flyer or just curious to know how a major carrier has adapted in light of the coronavirus, feel free to review the entire recording — and read on for show notes and follow-up reading:
- 2:35 — Brian’s introduction
- 5:17 — JetBlue’s new route announcement
- 6:02 — Operational adjustments
- 7:14 — Dealing with changing travel restrictions
- 8:47 — Health safety in the air
- 11:59 — Timeline for blocking middle seats
- 13:38 — In-flight experience
- 17:10 — JetBlue’s approach to enforcing mask requirements
- 21:17 — Business and leisure travelers
- 23:07 — Booking flexibility
- 24:42 — Testing
- 28:28 — Flights to London
- 30:22 — Loyalty
- 35:14 — Q&A
- Airline coronavirus change and cancellation policies: A complete list of major carriers
- Complete guide to airline elite status during the coronavirus outbreak
- JetBlue announces 30 new routes, adds Mint service from Newark
- JetBlue introduces Cash + Points redemptions
- Q&A: JetBlue’s president talks about masks, blocking middle seats and when she’ll fly again
- JetBlue promises you won’t sit next to a stranger on one of its planes
- Which US airlines are blocking middle seats and requiring masks?
“The Future of Travel with Brian Kelly” is a series of live events looking ahead at what’s in store for the travel industry as it begins to recover from the coronavirus pandemic. Join Brian as he interviews top experts and company executives on a range of topics, including traveler health, cleanliness measures, loyalty programs and what it all means for the traveling public.
For recordings of past sessions, please visit the following links:
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees