Learn about airline operations on this recorded webinar with JetBlue's President and COO
The coronavirus pandemic has had massive impacts on the travel industry, but what will the future of flying look like from the passenger's perspective? We've already seen first-hand reports from TPG staffers, and long-time staples may be on the chopping block, but on this week's Future of Travel webinar with Brian Kelly, we heard directly from someone at the top.
Joining us was Joanna Geraghty, President and Chief Operating Officer of JetBlue. Joanna has been with JetBlue since 2005, and in her current role is responsible for the carrier’s operations and commercial performance — including network, brand and marketing, and revenue management. This experience was on display throughout the webinar, as she discussed how JetBlue has adjusted to the pandemic and how it's looking to the future (and don't worry, Joanna confirmed that the much-anticipated flights to London are still on for 2021).
Whether you're a loyal JetBlue flyer or just curious to know how a major carrier has adapted in light of the coronavirus, feel free to review the entire recording — and read on for show notes and follow-up reading:
- 2:35 — Brian's introduction
- 5:17 — JetBlue's new route announcement
- 6:02 — Operational adjustments
- 7:14 — Dealing with changing travel restrictions
- 8:47 — Health safety in the air
- 11:59 — Timeline for blocking middle seats
- 13:38 — In-flight experience
- 17:10 — JetBlue's approach to enforcing mask requirements
- 21:17 — Business and leisure travelers
- 23:07 — Booking flexibility
- 24:42 — Testing
- 28:28 — Flights to London
- 30:22 — Loyalty
- 35:14 — Q&A
- Airline coronavirus change and cancellation policies: A complete list of major carriers
- Complete guide to airline elite status during the coronavirus outbreak
- JetBlue announces 30 new routes, adds Mint service from Newark
- JetBlue introduces Cash + Points redemptions
- Q&A: JetBlue’s president talks about masks, blocking middle seats and when she’ll fly again
- JetBlue promises you won’t sit next to a stranger on one of its planes
- Which US airlines are blocking middle seats and requiring masks?
“The Future of Travel with Brian Kelly” is a series of live events looking ahead at what’s in store for the travel industry as it begins to recover from the coronavirus pandemic. Join Brian as he interviews top experts and company executives on a range of topics, including traveler health, cleanliness measures, loyalty programs and what it all means for the traveling public.
For recordings of past sessions, please visit the following links: