The 4 Coolest Liveries of the 2019 Paris Air Show
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From a massive Boeing 737 MAX order to an all-electric commuter aircraft to an airline squeezing 460 seats onto a mid-size Airbus plane, it’s been a surprisingly eventful 2019 Paris Air Show. But the event’s about much more than new aircraft orders; from La Compagnie’s all-biz A321LR to AirAsia X’s first A330neo, it’s also an opportunity for customers, journalists and fans to tour some of the latest and greatest flying machines.
Prominently displayed as part of the Paris Air Show’s “static display,” aircraft are lined up, stretching as far as the eye can see. It’s quite a hodgepodge, too — you’ll have a corporate jet next to a fighter next to a cargo plane next to a state-of-the-art airliner. But a handful are designed to really stand out, including a few of my favorites:
4. Amazon Prime Air 737-800 Freighter
There’s just something about seeing that familiar Amazon logo on the tail of a Boeing 737 in France. This particular aircraft spent more than a decade flying Jet Airways passengers around India before eventually making its way to Shanghai, where the seats were ripped out and replaced with a full-length cargo bay.
3. Air Tahiti Nui Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
While Boeing seemed to be keeping things somewhat low-key — not surprising given that it’s in the midst of an unprecedented crisis — the manufacturer did participate in the flying display, pulling its usual air show moves with this super-slick Air Tahiti Nui 787-9.
2. Mitsubishi SpaceJet M90
It’s one of those things that just never looks as good in the photos, but Mitsubishi brought one spectacular design to the Paris Air Show this year. Said to be inspired by the foil that appears on some Formula 1 cars, the company opted for a red, blue and gold foil tail on its SpaceJet, making quite an impression on a sunny day.
1. Embraer E195-E2
Embraer has delivered a new “profit hunter” for the past few years, a homage to the aircraft’s fuel efficiency and lower operational costs. Last year, at the Farnborough Air Show, it was a fairly aggressive shark, while we got a semi-subtle eagle the year before that. This year, it’s a high-tech lion. And I am a fan.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees