Embraer Really Likes Animal Liveries on Its E190-E2 Jets
Two months after Embraer’s first E190E2 went into service with Widerøe, the aircraft manufacturer appears to be rolling out a new special livery on the airplane that’s been dubbed the ‘Profit Hunter’.
An Embraer communications employee tweeted a picture of the new paint job for the aircraft, which displays what appears to be a great white shark on the nose.
The E190-E2 is one of the newest passenger jets in the world and was officially launched at the Paris Air Show five years ago. The single-aisle aircraft will be used for shorter hauls as a regional jet for most airlines because it has a range of 3,200 miles. Embraer even claims the E2 is more fuel efficient than the Boeing 737 MAX family and Airbus A320neo family.
This isn’t the first time an animal has been emblazoned on the aircraft — a tiger was first painted on the the jet when it debuted in February.
The larger version of the E190, the E195, was decorated with an Eagle that stares you down.
If animal themed-liveries are you thing, ANA plans on flying an A380 decked out with a massive sea turtle, named the Flying Honu. Alaska Airlines operates its “Salmon Thirty Salmon,” a 737-800 with a livery that’s an ode to the state of Alaska’s famous export.
If you want to see the shark-themed E190-E2, the aircraft will be on display at the Farnborough Airshow in England in July.
Featured image courtesy of Kalie Marsch / Twitter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees