This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Two months after Embraer’s first E190E2 went into service with Widerøe, the aircraft manufacturer appears to be rolling out a new special livery on the airplane that’s been dubbed the ‘Profit Hunter’.
An Embraer communications employee tweeted a picture of the new paint job for the aircraft, which displays what appears to be a great white shark on the nose.
The E190-E2 is one of the newest passenger jets in the world and was officially launched at the Paris Air Show five years ago. The single-aisle aircraft will be used for shorter hauls as a regional jet for most airlines because it has a range of 3,200 miles. Embraer even claims the E2 is more fuel efficient than the Boeing 737 MAX family and Airbus A320neo family.
This isn’t the first time an animal has been emblazoned on the aircraft — a tiger was first painted on the the jet when it debuted in February.
The larger version of the E190, the E195, was decorated with an Eagle that stares you down.
If animal themed-liveries are you thing, ANA plans on flying an A380 decked out with a massive sea turtle, named the Flying Honu. Alaska Airlines operates its “Salmon Thirty Salmon,” a 737-800 with a livery that’s an ode to the state of Alaska’s famous export.
If you want to see the shark-themed E190-E2, the aircraft will be on display at the Farnborough Airshow in England in July.
Featured image courtesy of Kalie Marsch / Twitter.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees