This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Two months after Embraer’s first E190E2 went into service with Widerøe, the aircraft manufacturer appears to be rolling out a new special livery on the airplane that’s been dubbed the ‘Profit Hunter’.
An Embraer communications employee tweeted a picture of the new paint job for the aircraft, which displays what appears to be a great white shark on the nose.
The E190-E2 is one of the newest passenger jets in the world and was officially launched at the Paris Air Show five years ago. The single-aisle aircraft will be used for shorter hauls as a regional jet for most airlines because it has a range of 3,200 miles. Embraer even claims the E2 is more fuel efficient than the Boeing 737 MAX family and Airbus A320neo family.
This isn’t the first time an animal has been emblazoned on the aircraft — a tiger was first painted on the the jet when it debuted in February.
The larger version of the E190, the E195, was decorated with an Eagle that stares you down.
If animal themed-liveries are you thing, ANA plans on flying an A380 decked out with a massive sea turtle, named the Flying Honu. Alaska Airlines operates its “Salmon Thirty Salmon,” a 737-800 with a livery that’s an ode to the state of Alaska’s famous export.
If you want to see the shark-themed E190-E2, the aircraft will be on display at the Farnborough Airshow in England in July.
Featured image courtesy of Kalie Marsch / Twitter.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that