This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ANA has just shown off a special livery for its very first Airbus A380. Back in October, the airline held a competition to design the paint job for the jumbo jet that will operate airline’s flight between Tokyo and Honolulu (HNL). Over 2,000 designs were submitted to the airline, and the winner, Chihiro Masuoka of Tokyo, was revealed this week. He’ll be receiving two round-trip business-class tickets on the Tokyo to Honolulu flight, as well as some serious bragging rights.
The design, nicknamed ‘Flying Honu’, shows a family of Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles painted in different shades of blue. The airline is known for its unique liveries, including special Star Wars and Pokemon designs on its 777-300ERs. It also held another competition to pick a design for its 777-200 to represent the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games — the winner of which will be revealed at the end of this month or early next month.
ANA will become the first Japanese carrier to operate the A380 when it takes delivery of the aircraft in early 2019. It will have the world’s smallest fleet of A380s, with only three on order.
Featured image courtesy of ANA.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees