This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ANA has just shown off a special livery for its very first Airbus A380. Back in October, the airline held a competition to design the paint job for the jumbo jet that will operate airline’s flight between Tokyo and Honolulu (HNL). Over 2,000 designs were submitted to the airline, and the winner, Chihiro Masuoka of Tokyo, was revealed this week. He’ll be receiving two round-trip business-class tickets on the Tokyo to Honolulu flight, as well as some serious bragging rights.
The design, nicknamed ‘Flying Honu’, shows a family of Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles painted in different shades of blue. The airline is known for its unique liveries, including special Star Wars and Pokemon designs on its 777-300ERs. It also held another competition to pick a design for its 777-200 to represent the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games — the winner of which will be revealed at the end of this month or early next month.
ANA will become the first Japanese carrier to operate the A380 when it takes delivery of the aircraft in early 2019. It will have the world’s smallest fleet of A380s, with only three on order.
Featured image courtesy of ANA.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees