This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ANA has just shown off a special livery for its very first Airbus A380. Back in October, the airline held a competition to design the paint job for the jumbo jet that will operate airline’s flight between Tokyo and Honolulu (HNL). Over 2,000 designs were submitted to the airline, and the winner, Chihiro Masuoka of Tokyo, was revealed this week. He’ll be receiving two round-trip business-class tickets on the Tokyo to Honolulu flight, as well as some serious bragging rights.
The design, nicknamed ‘Flying Honu’, shows a family of Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles painted in different shades of blue. The airline is known for its unique liveries, including special Star Wars and Pokemon designs on its 777-300ERs. It also held another competition to pick a design for its 777-200 to represent the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games — the winner of which will be revealed at the end of this month or early next month.
ANA will become the first Japanese carrier to operate the A380 when it takes delivery of the aircraft in early 2019. It will have the world’s smallest fleet of A380s, with only three on order.
Featured image courtesy of ANA.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards