Here’s An Early Look at ANA’s First A380
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ANA has just shown off a special livery for its very first Airbus A380. Back in October, the airline held a competition to design the paint job for the jumbo jet that will operate airline’s flight between Tokyo and Honolulu (HNL). Over 2,000 designs were submitted to the airline, and the winner, Chihiro Masuoka of Tokyo, was revealed this week. He’ll be receiving two round-trip business-class tickets on the Tokyo to Honolulu flight, as well as some serious bragging rights.
The design, nicknamed ‘Flying Honu’, shows a family of Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles painted in different shades of blue. The airline is known for its unique liveries, including special Star Wars and Pokemon designs on its 777-300ERs. It also held another competition to pick a design for its 777-200 to represent the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games — the winner of which will be revealed at the end of this month or early next month.
ANA will become the first Japanese carrier to operate the A380 when it takes delivery of the aircraft in early 2019. It will have the world’s smallest fleet of A380s, with only three on order.
Featured image courtesy of ANA.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees