This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you always wanted to design your own A380 livery? Who hasn’t, right? Well, now’s your chance. Last year, ANA announced that it was going to be adding the A380 to its fleet. But long before it takes its first delivery, it’s planning on how the aircraft are going to be designed — and hints that at least one of them will fly between Tokyo and Honolulu. The Japanese carrier is hosting a competition in which the winner will have their design painted on an ANA A380 and will receive two round-trip tickets in business class between Tokyo and Honolulu, Hawaii (HNL).
Here’s how the contest works: Starting today through November 30, 2016, you can submit your design to ANA via a post or on ANA’s website. In February 2017, ANA will announce the grand prize winner and the runners up, whom will all be selected by the ANA Contest Executive Office.
The official rules and guidelines for submitting your entry and the contest can be found here. The grand prize winner will get two round-trip tickets in business class between Tokyo and Honolulu, as well as their creation (perhaps with some edits from the ANA team) on the side of an A380. The runners-up will receive an ANA original souvenir.
This is a really neat opportunity — especially for those extreme AvGeeks. If you have any artistic skills, it could be well worth putting those to use. If not for the pride of seeing your design on an A380, for two round-trip tickets between Tokyo and Honolulu in business class with ANA — one of the best ways to get to Asia in a premium cabin.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.