Take a Video Tour of Qsuite Biz on Qatar’s Latest Airbus A350-1000
This February, Qatar Airways took delivery of the world’s first Airbus A350-1000 — the extended-length version of the A350-900, which also launched with Qatar, back in 2015.
TPG and I had an opportunity to join the first -1000’s delivery flight to Doha (DOH), where we tried out the plane’s fantastic Qsuite business class. (See Inside the First Airbus A350-1000, With Qatar’s Qsuite Business Class for a closer look at the cabin.)
This month, the airline took delivery of its second A350-1000 and flew it out to the Farnborough Air Show to show off the plane to aviation enthusiasts from around the world. I had a chance to tour A7-ANB shortly after its arrival at FAB — the cabin is identical to what I experienced on A7-ANA’s delivery flight, of course, but I’ll never pass up an opportunity to check out a factory-fresh plane!
You can see ANB for yourself in the video below:
Qatar’s A350-1000s sport 46 Qsuites, arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration and spread between two cabins.
The rear mini-cabin is by far my favorite — in fact, with just eight suites available there, you can book the entire cabin for a large family or a group of friends. It’s the closest thing you’ll find to flying private, but at a far more reasonable price.
In addition to business class, the extended-length A350 offers 281 economy seats, arranged in a 3-3-3 configuration in two large cabins. Be sure to check out SeatGuru before picking your seat, since some sport far more legroom and personal space than others.
Qatar flies its QSuite-equipped Airbus between Doha and London (LHR) every day, and is expected to add the plane to a US route soon. No matter where you’re sitting, a brand-new A350 is sure to offer a comfy ride. For more on Qatar’s A350-1000, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.