Take a Video Tour of Qsuite Biz on Qatar’s Latest Airbus A350-1000
This February, Qatar Airways took delivery of the world’s first Airbus A350-1000 — the extended-length version of the A350-900, which also launched with Qatar, back in 2015.
TPG and I had an opportunity to join the first -1000’s delivery flight to Doha (DOH), where we tried out the plane’s fantastic Qsuite business class. (See Inside the First Airbus A350-1000, With Qatar’s Qsuite Business Class for a closer look at the cabin.)
This month, the airline took delivery of its second A350-1000 and flew it out to the Farnborough Air Show to show off the plane to aviation enthusiasts from around the world. I had a chance to tour A7-ANB shortly after its arrival at FAB — the cabin is identical to what I experienced on A7-ANA’s delivery flight, of course, but I’ll never pass up an opportunity to check out a factory-fresh plane!
You can see ANB for yourself in the video below:
Qatar’s A350-1000s sport 46 Qsuites, arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration and spread between two cabins.
The rear mini-cabin is by far my favorite — in fact, with just eight suites available there, you can book the entire cabin for a large family or a group of friends. It’s the closest thing you’ll find to flying private, but at a far more reasonable price.
In addition to business class, the extended-length A350 offers 281 economy seats, arranged in a 3-3-3 configuration in two large cabins. Be sure to check out SeatGuru before picking your seat, since some sport far more legroom and personal space than others.
Qatar flies its QSuite-equipped Airbus between Doha and London (LHR) every day, and is expected to add the plane to a US route soon. No matter where you’re sitting, a brand-new A350 is sure to offer a comfy ride. For more on Qatar’s A350-1000, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees