The 10 longest (and 10 shortest) Sun Country Airlines flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines made global headlines last year when it relaunched its Newark-Singapore flight. The 9,534-mile flight allowed the carrier to reclaim the title of having the “world’s longest flight,” bumping Qatar Airways and its 9,032-mile Doha-Auckland, New Zealand, flight out of the top spot.
Another title shift could happen in the coming years if Qantas Airways decides to push ahead with its “Project Sunrise” flights. The Australian carrier made headlines of its own this fall as it tested several ultra-long flights to Sydney – including from New York and from London – to great fanfare. Each would be longer than Singapore’s current record-holder, and Qantas days it will decide soon whether to press ahead. If it does, flights could begin in 2023.
But have you ever wondered what the longest flight is on your preferred carrier? Or the shortest? Given all the buzz about long flights recently, we decided to see what clocked in as the longest and shortest flights for each of the 11 biggest U.S. carriers.
What did we find? Today we look at Sun Country Airlines. It’s longest route on the December schedule is Aruba-Minneapolis/St. Paul while its shortest is the 236-mile flight it operates between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
- Aruba (AUA) – Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP): 2,618 miles
- Honolulu (HNL) – Portland, Oregon (PDX): 2,603 miles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) – St. Kitts (SKB): 2,593 miles
- Honolulu (HNL) – Los Angeles (LAX): 2,556 miles
- Anchorage (ANC) – Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP): 2,518 miles
- Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) – Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP): 2,406 miles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) – San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU): 2,404 miles
- Honolulu (HNL) – San Francisco (SFO): 2,399 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Las Vegas (LAS): 2,381 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Providence (PVD): 2,363 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Los Angeles (LAX): 236 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Phoenix (PHX): 256 miles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) – Chicago O’Hare (ORD): 334 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – San Francisco (SFO): 414 miles
- Palm Springs, California (PSP) – San Francisco (SFO): 421 miles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) – St. Louis (STL): 448 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Santa Rosa, California (STS): 454 miles
- Nashville (BNA) – New Orleans (MSY): 471 miles
- Austin (AUS) – Gulfport/Biloxi, Mississippi (GPT): 514 miles
- Portland, Oregon(PDX) – San Francisco (SFO): 519 miles
Source: Sun Country Airlines. Flights based based on regularly schedule flights during the carrier’s December schedule. Next update: March 2020.
Featured photo by DANIEL SLIM/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees