The 10 longest (and 10 shortest) Allegiant Air flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines made global headlines last year when it relaunched its Newark-Singapore flight. The 9,534-mile flight allowed the carrier to reclaim the title of having the “world’s longest flight,” bumping Qatar Airways and its 9,032-mile Doha-Auckland, New Zealand, flight out of the top spot.
Another title shift could happen in the coming years if Qantas Airways decides to push ahead with its “Project Sunrise” flights. The Australian carrier made headlines of its own this fall as it tested several ultra-long flights to Sydney – including from New York and from London – to great fanfare. Each would be longer than Singapore’s current record-holder, and Qantas days it will decide soon whether to press ahead. If it does, flights could begin in 2023.
But have you ever wondered what the longest flight is on your preferred carrier? Or the shortest? Given all the buzz about long flights recently, we decided to see what clocked in as the longest and shortest flights for each of the 11 biggest U.S. carriers.
What did we find? Today we look at Allegiant Air. Its longest route on the December schedule is Cincinnati-Los Angeles while its shortest is the 258-mile flight it operates between Fresno, California, and Las Vegas.
- Cincinnati (CVG) – Los Angeles (LAX): 1,900 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Knoxville (TYS): 1,739 miles
- Cincinnati (CVG) – Las Vegas (LAS): 1,678 miles
- Grand Rapids, Michigan (GRR) – Las Vegas (LAS): 1,628 miles
- Bismarck, North Dakota (BIS) – Orlando Sanford (SFB): 1,628 miles
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Memphis (MEM): 1,619 miles
- Mesa/Phoenix (IWA) – Traverse City, Michigan (TVC): 1,599 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – South Bend, Indiana (SBN): 1,590 miles
- Indianapolis (IND) – Las Vegas (LAS): 1,590 miles
- Fort Wayne, Indiana (FWA) – Mesa/Phoenix (IWA): 1,562 miles
- Fresno (FAT) – Las Vegas (LAS): 258 miles
- Mesa/Phoenix (IWA) – Las Vegas (LAS): 276 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Santa Maria, California (SMX): 309 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Reno (RNO): 345 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Stockton, California (SCK): 358 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Monterey, California (MRY): 375 miles
- Knoxville (TYS) – Destin-Fort Walton Beach, Florida (VPS): 395 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Oakland (OAK): 407 miles
- Grand Junction, Colorado (GJT) – Las Vegas (LAS): 413 miles
- Asheville, North Carolina (AVL) – Baltimore (BWI): 414 miles
Source: Allegiant. Flights based based on regularly scheduled flights during the carrier’s December schedule. Next update: March 2020.
Featured photo courtesy of Allegiant Air.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees