The 10 longest (and 10 shortest) Spirit Airlines flights
Singapore Airlines made global headlines last year when it relaunched its Newark-Singapore flight. The 9,534-mile flight allowed the carrier to reclaim the title of having the “world’s longest flight,” bumping Qatar Airways and its 9,032-mile Doha-Auckland, New Zealand, flight out of the top spot.
Another title shift could happen in the coming years if Qantas Airways decides to push ahead with its “Project Sunrise” flights. The Australian carrier made headlines of its own this fall as it tested several ultra-long flights to Sydney – including from New York and from London – to great fanfare. Each would be longer than Singapore’s current record-holder, and Qantas days it will decide soon whether to press ahead. If it does, flights could begin in 2023.
But have you ever wondered what the longest flight is on your preferred carrier? Or the shortest? Given all the buzz about long flights recently, we decided to see what clocked in as the longest and shortest flights for each of the 11 biggest U.S. carriers.
What did we find? Today we look at Spirit Airlines. Its longest route on the December schedule is Fort Lauderdale-Lima, Peru, while its shortest is the 178-mile flight it operates between Fort Lauderdale-Orlando.
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – Lima, Peru (LIM): 2,627 miles
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Philadelphia (PHL): 2,401 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Las Vegas (LAS): 2,381 miles
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – Los Angeles (LAX): 2,342 miles
- Baltimore (BWI) – Los Angeles (LAX): 2,329 miles
- Newark (EWR) – Las Vegas (LAS): 2,227 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Philadelphia (PHL): 2,176 miles
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – Las Vegas (LAS): 2,174 miles
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Pittsburgh (PIT): 2,136 miles
- Baltimore (BWI) – Las Vegas (LAS): 2,106 miles
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – Orlando (MCO): 178 miles
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – Tampa (TPA): 197 miles
- Burbank, California (BUR) – Las Vegas (LAS): 223 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Los Angeles (LAX): 236 miles
- Baltimore (BWI) – Raleigh/Durham (RDU): 244 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – San Diego (SAN): 258 miles
- Houston Bush Intercontinental (IAH) – New Orleans (MSY): 305 miles
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Oakland (OAK): 337 miles
- Baltimore (BWI) – Charlotte (CLT): 360 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Baltimore (BWI): 370
Source: Spirit Airlines. Flights based based on regularly scheduled flights during the carrier’s December schedule. Next update: March 2020.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees