The 10 longest (and 10 shortest) Frontier Airlines flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines made global headlines last year when it relaunched its Newark-Singapore flight. The 9,534-mile flight allowed the carrier to reclaim the title of having the “world’s longest flight,” bumping Qatar Airways and its 9,032-mile Doha-Auckland, New Zealand, flight out of the top spot.
Another title shift could happen in the coming years if Qantas Airways decides to push ahead with its “Project Sunrise” flights. The Australian carrier made headlines of its own this fall as it tested several ultra-long flights to Sydney – including from New York and from London – to great fanfare. Each would be longer than Singapore’s current record-holder, and Qantas days it will decide soon whether to press ahead. If it does, flights could begin in 2023.
But have you ever wondered what the longest flight is on your preferred carrier? Or the shortest? Given all the buzz about long flights recently, we decided to see what clocked in as the longest and shortest flights for each of the 11 biggest U.S. carriers.
What did we find? Today we look at Frontier Airlines. It’s longest route on the December schedule is Newark-Las Vegas while its shortest is the 226-mile flight it operates between Las Vegas and Orange County, California.
- Newark (EWR) – Las Vegas (LAS): 2,227 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Philadelphia (PHL): 2,176 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Miami (MIA): 2,175 miles
- Orlando (MCO) – Ontario, California (ONT): 2,171 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Norfolk, Virginia (ORF): 2,155 miles
- Orlando (MCO) – San Diego (SAN): 2,148 miles
- Atlanta (ATL) – San Francisco (SFO): 2,139 miles
- Newark (EWR) – Phoenix (PHX): 2,133 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Orlando (MCO): 2,039 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Raleigh/Durham (RDU): 2,027 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Orange County, California (SNA): 226 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Los Angeles (LAX): 236 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Phoenix (PHX): 256 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – San Diego (SAN): 258 miles
- Phoenix (PHX) – San Diego (SAN): 304 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Reno (RNO): 345 miles
- Albuquerque (ABQ) – Denver (DEN): 349 miles
- Atlanta (ATL) – Raleigh/Durham (RDU): 356 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Salt Lake City (SLC): 368 miles
- Raleigh/Durham (RDU) – Trenton, New Jersey (TTN): 373 miles
Source: Frontier Airlines. Flights based based on regularly scheduled flights during the carrier’s December schedule. Next update: March 2020.
Featured photo by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.