The 10 longest (and 10 shortest) Frontier Airlines flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines made global headlines last year when it relaunched its Newark-Singapore flight. The 9,534-mile flight allowed the carrier to reclaim the title of having the “world’s longest flight,” bumping Qatar Airways and its 9,032-mile Doha-Auckland, New Zealand, flight out of the top spot.
Another title shift could happen in the coming years if Qantas Airways decides to push ahead with its “Project Sunrise” flights. The Australian carrier made headlines of its own this fall as it tested several ultra-long flights to Sydney – including from New York and from London – to great fanfare. Each would be longer than Singapore’s current record-holder, and Qantas days it will decide soon whether to press ahead. If it does, flights could begin in 2023.
But have you ever wondered what the longest flight is on your preferred carrier? Or the shortest? Given all the buzz about long flights recently, we decided to see what clocked in as the longest and shortest flights for each of the 11 biggest U.S. carriers.
What did we find? Today we look at Frontier Airlines. It’s longest route on the December schedule is Newark-Las Vegas while its shortest is the 226-mile flight it operates between Las Vegas and Orange County, California.
- Newark (EWR) – Las Vegas (LAS): 2,227 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Philadelphia (PHL): 2,176 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Miami (MIA): 2,175 miles
- Orlando (MCO) – Ontario, California (ONT): 2,171 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Norfolk, Virginia (ORF): 2,155 miles
- Orlando (MCO) – San Diego (SAN): 2,148 miles
- Atlanta (ATL) – San Francisco (SFO): 2,139 miles
- Newark (EWR) – Phoenix (PHX): 2,133 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Orlando (MCO): 2,039 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Raleigh/Durham (RDU): 2,027 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Orange County, California (SNA): 226 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Los Angeles (LAX): 236 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Phoenix (PHX): 256 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – San Diego (SAN): 258 miles
- Phoenix (PHX) – San Diego (SAN): 304 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Reno (RNO): 345 miles
- Albuquerque (ABQ) – Denver (DEN): 349 miles
- Atlanta (ATL) – Raleigh/Durham (RDU): 356 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Salt Lake City (SLC): 368 miles
- Raleigh/Durham (RDU) – Trenton, New Jersey (TTN): 373 miles
Source: Frontier Airlines. Flights based based on regularly scheduled flights during the carrier’s December schedule. Next update: March 2020.
Featured photo by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees