The 10 longest (and 10 shortest) Frontier Airlines flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines made global headlines last year when it relaunched its Newark-Singapore flight. The 9,534-mile flight allowed the carrier to reclaim the title of having the “world’s longest flight,” bumping Qatar Airways and its 9,032-mile Doha-Auckland, New Zealand, flight out of the top spot.
Another title shift could happen in the coming years if Qantas Airways decides to push ahead with its “Project Sunrise” flights. The Australian carrier made headlines of its own this fall as it tested several ultra-long flights to Sydney – including from New York and from London – to great fanfare. Each would be longer than Singapore’s current record-holder, and Qantas days it will decide soon whether to press ahead. If it does, flights could begin in 2023.
But have you ever wondered what the longest flight is on your preferred carrier? Or the shortest? Given all the buzz about long flights recently, we decided to see what clocked in as the longest and shortest flights for each of the 11 biggest U.S. carriers.
What did we find? Today we look at Frontier Airlines. It’s longest route on the December schedule is Newark-Las Vegas while its shortest is the 226-mile flight it operates between Las Vegas and Orange County, California.
- Newark (EWR) – Las Vegas (LAS): 2,227 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Philadelphia (PHL): 2,176 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Miami (MIA): 2,175 miles
- Orlando (MCO) – Ontario, California (ONT): 2,171 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Norfolk, Virginia (ORF): 2,155 miles
- Orlando (MCO) – San Diego (SAN): 2,148 miles
- Atlanta (ATL) – San Francisco (SFO): 2,139 miles
- Newark (EWR) – Phoenix (PHX): 2,133 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Orlando (MCO): 2,039 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Raleigh/Durham (RDU): 2,027 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Orange County, California (SNA): 226 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Los Angeles (LAX): 236 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Phoenix (PHX): 256 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – San Diego (SAN): 258 miles
- Phoenix (PHX) – San Diego (SAN): 304 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Reno (RNO): 345 miles
- Albuquerque (ABQ) – Denver (DEN): 349 miles
- Atlanta (ATL) – Raleigh/Durham (RDU): 356 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Salt Lake City (SLC): 368 miles
- Raleigh/Durham (RDU) – Trenton, New Jersey (TTN): 373 miles
Source: Frontier Airlines. Flights based based on regularly scheduled flights during the carrier’s December schedule. Next update: March 2020.
Featured photo by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees