The 10 longest (and 10 shortest) JetBlue Airways flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines made global headlines last year when it relaunched its Newark-Singapore flight. The 9,534-mile flight allowed the carrier to reclaim the title of having the “world’s longest flight,” bumping Qatar Airways and its 9,032-mile Doha-Auckland, New Zealand, flight out of the top spot.
Another title shift could happen in the coming years if Qantas Airways decides to push ahead with its “Project Sunrise” flights. The Australian carrier made headlines of its own this fall as it tested several ultra-long flights to Sydney – including from New York and from London – to great fanfare. Each would be longer than Singapore’s current record-holder, and Qantas days it will decide soon whether to press ahead. If it does, flights could begin in 2023.
But have you ever wondered what the longest flight is on your preferred carrier? Or the shortest? Given all the buzz about long flights recently, we decided to see what clocked in as the longest and shortest flights for each of the 11 biggest U.S. carriers.
What did we find? Today we look at JetBlue Airways. Its longest route on the December schedule is New York JFK to Guayaquil, Ecuador, while its shortest is the 68-mile hop it operates between San Juan, Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- New York (JFK) – Guayaquil, Ecuador (GYE): 2,969 miles
- Boston (BOS) – San Francisco (SFO): 2,704 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Oakland (OAK): 2,693 miles
- Boston (BOS) – San Jose, California (SJC): 2,689 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Sacramento (SMF): 2,636 miles
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – Lima, Peru (LIM): 2,627 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Los Angeles (LAX): 2,611 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Long Beach (LGB): 2,602 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Burbank, California (BUR): 2,601 miles
- Boston (BOS) – San Diego (SAN): 2,588 miles
- San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) – St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (STT): 68 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts (MVY): 70 miles
- Boston (BOS) – Nantucket, Massachusetts (ACK): 91 miles
- New York (JFK) – Worcester, Massachusetts (ORH): 150 miles
- San Juan (SJU) – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ): 156 miles
- New York (JFK) – Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts (MVY): 173 miles
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – Nassau, Bahamas(NAS): 182 miles
- Boston (BOS) – New York LaGuardia (LGA): 185 miles
- New York (JFK) – Boston (BOS): 187 miles
- Westchester/White Plains, New York (HPN) – Nantucket, Massachusetts (ACK): 191 miles
Source: JetBlue. Flights based based on regularly scheduled flights during the carrier’s December schedule. Next update: March 2020.
For more info about the airline, check out TPG’s JetBlue by the numbers post.
Featured photo by Craig Warga/Bloomberg via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.