The 10 longest (and 10 shortest) JetBlue Airways flights
Singapore Airlines made global headlines last year when it relaunched its Newark-Singapore flight. The 9,534-mile flight allowed the carrier to reclaim the title of having the “world’s longest flight,” bumping Qatar Airways and its 9,032-mile Doha-Auckland, New Zealand, flight out of the top spot.
Another title shift could happen in the coming years if Qantas Airways decides to push ahead with its “Project Sunrise” flights. The Australian carrier made headlines of its own this fall as it tested several ultra-long flights to Sydney – including from New York and from London – to great fanfare. Each would be longer than Singapore’s current record-holder, and Qantas days it will decide soon whether to press ahead. If it does, flights could begin in 2023.
But have you ever wondered what the longest flight is on your preferred carrier? Or the shortest? Given all the buzz about long flights recently, we decided to see what clocked in as the longest and shortest flights for each of the 11 biggest U.S. carriers.
What did we find? Today we look at JetBlue Airways. Its longest route on the December schedule is New York JFK to Guayaquil, Ecuador, while its shortest is the 68-mile hop it operates between San Juan, Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- New York (JFK) - Guayaquil, Ecuador (GYE): 2,969 miles
- Boston (BOS) - San Francisco (SFO): 2,704 miles
- Boston (BOS) - Oakland (OAK): 2,693 miles
- Boston (BOS) - San Jose, California (SJC): 2,689 miles
- Boston (BOS) - Sacramento (SMF): 2,636 miles
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) - Lima, Peru (LIM): 2,627 miles
- Boston (BOS) - Los Angeles (LAX): 2,611 miles
- Boston (BOS) - Long Beach (LGB): 2,602 miles
- Boston (BOS) - Burbank, California (BUR): 2,601 miles
- Boston (BOS) - San Diego (SAN): 2,588 miles
- San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) - St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (STT): 68 miles
- Boston (BOS) - Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts (MVY): 70 miles
- Boston (BOS) - Nantucket, Massachusetts (ACK): 91 miles
- New York (JFK) - Worcester, Massachusetts (ORH): 150 miles
- San Juan (SJU) - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ): 156 miles
- New York (JFK) - Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts (MVY): 173 miles
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) - Nassau, Bahamas(NAS): 182 miles
- Boston (BOS) - New York LaGuardia (LGA): 185 miles
- New York (JFK) - Boston (BOS): 187 miles
- Westchester/White Plains, New York (HPN) - Nantucket, Massachusetts (ACK): 191 miles
Source: JetBlue. Flights based based on regularly scheduled flights during the carrier’s December schedule. Next update: March 2020.
For more info about the airline, check out TPG's JetBlue by the numbers post.