You’re grounded: The travel memes making us laugh and giving us life during the quarantine
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As another week of quarantine goes by, it’s safe to say that we could all use some humor right about now.
While the coronavirus situation is far from funny, travelers have been making light of the situation with some creative executions on various social media platforms to cope with their wanderlust.
Here’s a round-up of some of our favorite travel memes we’ve seen on social so far:
Who said you have to leave your house to travel? All you need is an Instagram account and you can go 12 places with the swipe of a finger, like this guy.
Award availability is off the charts right now. That is, in your own home. The best part? So many choices, so much… time. Where are you headed next?
It’s no surprise that here at TPG, we’ve got staffers all over the world. But even though we may be hundreds of miles apart, we’re still staying connected. Show us how you are by using the #TPGpaperplanechallenge hashtag on TikTok.
Boarding passes look a bit different these days, but we’re sticking to our favorite lingo: airport talk.
We’re even missing the little things that we used to complain about. Waiting for checked luggage? Yes please.
And of course, we’re keeping up with our training to ensure that no flights will be missed once travel resumes:
La Rotonda de Sofa is where you can catch us this weekend:
Now boarding for Netflix with a quick layover on Twitter:
And to sum how we’re all feeling right now, we’ll let this little girl do the talking.
Travel may look a bit different right now — and we certainly appreciate some good humor to lighten things up — but on a serious note, here’s some things you may want to consider if you’re booking future travel. Looking ahead, we’re betting things there’s going to be some changes in the travel industry.
To stay up to date on what those may be, sign-up for TPG’s daily newsletter and be sure to follow us on social @thepointsguy.
- Airline coronavirus change and cancellation policies
- Coronavirus hotel change and cancellation policies
- 14 ways to giveback during the coronavirus outbreak
(Featured image by Xingzheng/Getty Images)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees