You’re grounded: The travel memes making us laugh and giving us life during the quarantine
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As another week of quarantine goes by, it’s safe to say that we could all use some humor right about now.
While the coronavirus situation is far from funny, travelers have been making light of the situation with some creative executions on various social media platforms to cope with their wanderlust.
Here’s a round-up of some of our favorite travel memes we’ve seen on social so far:
Who said you have to leave your house to travel? All you need is an Instagram account and you can go 12 places with the swipe of a finger, like this guy.
Award availability is off the charts right now. That is, in your own home. The best part? So many choices, so much… time. Where are you headed next?
It’s no surprise that here at TPG, we’ve got staffers all over the world. But even though we may be hundreds of miles apart, we’re still staying connected. Show us how you are by using the #TPGpaperplanechallenge hashtag on TikTok.
Boarding passes look a bit different these days, but we’re sticking to our favorite lingo: airport talk.
We’re even missing the little things that we used to complain about. Waiting for checked luggage? Yes please.
And of course, we’re keeping up with our training to ensure that no flights will be missed once travel resumes:
La Rotonda de Sofa is where you can catch us this weekend:
Now boarding for Netflix with a quick layover on Twitter:
And to sum how we’re all feeling right now, we’ll let this little girl do the talking.
Travel may look a bit different right now — and we certainly appreciate some good humor to lighten things up — but on a serious note, here’s some things you may want to consider if you’re booking future travel. Looking ahead, we’re betting things there’s going to be some changes in the travel industry.
To stay up to date on what those may be, sign-up for TPG’s daily newsletter and be sure to follow us on social @thepointsguy.
- Airline coronavirus change and cancellation policies
- Coronavirus hotel change and cancellation policies
- 14 ways to giveback during the coronavirus outbreak
(Featured image by Xingzheng/Getty Images)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.