Amex Details New Centurion Lounge, Escape Lounge Coming to Phoenix
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express customers with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express will soon have a handful of additional Centurion Lounges to visit, with the issuer opening new locations in Charlotte (CLT), Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) and London Heathrow (LHR).
Early Wednesday morning, Amex added a sixth confirmed outpost to that list at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) — a location we first learned about in December. The issuer provided renderings of the new Centurion location to The Points Guy.
With a planned opening in 2020, the new Phoenix Centurion Lounge will be located in Terminal 4, home to American Airlines, Southwest, Air Canada, British Airways, Condor, Volaris and WestJet.
The PHX Sky Train connects Terminal 3 as well, and you can walk from there to Terminal 2, though you’d need to pass through security separately at Terminal 4 if you’re hoping to access the lounge when flying through a different terminal.
Additionally, Amex is working with its partner MAG USA to open an Escape Lounge, which will also be available at Terminal 4 as part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection.
Again, customers with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express will get free access, while other flyers can access the lounge for $40 in advance or $45 same-day. Both lounges will offer a variety of food and beverage options, in addition to showers, high-speed Wi-Fi, charging stations and more.
Along with the new Phoenix location, Amex is planning to open Centurion Lounges in Charlotte (CLT), Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) and London Heathrow (LHR), in addition to existing lounges in Dallas (DFW), Hong Kong (HKG), Houston (IAH), Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), New York (LGA), Philadelphia (PHL), San Francisco (SFO) and Seattle (SEA).
Customers (and two guests) can access the lounge with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. Cardmembers may purchase day passes for additional guests at a cost of $50, and children under two years of age are admitted free of charge when traveling with an eligible cardmember.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees