Amex Details New Centurion Lounge, Escape Lounge Coming to Phoenix
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express customers with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express will soon have a handful of additional Centurion Lounges to visit, with the issuer opening new locations in Charlotte (CLT), Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) and London Heathrow (LHR).
Early Wednesday morning, Amex added a sixth confirmed outpost to that list at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) — a location we first learned about in December. The issuer provided renderings of the new Centurion location to The Points Guy.
With a planned opening in 2020, the new Phoenix Centurion Lounge will be located in Terminal 4, home to American Airlines, Southwest, Air Canada, British Airways, Condor, Volaris and WestJet.
The PHX Sky Train connects Terminal 3 as well, and you can walk from there to Terminal 2, though you’d need to pass through security separately at Terminal 4 if you’re hoping to access the lounge when flying through a different terminal.
Additionally, Amex is working with its partner MAG USA to open an Escape Lounge, which will also be available at Terminal 4 as part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection.
Again, customers with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express will get free access, while other flyers can access the lounge for $40 in advance or $45 same-day. Both lounges will offer a variety of food and beverage options, in addition to showers, high-speed Wi-Fi, charging stations and more.
Along with the new Phoenix location, Amex is planning to open Centurion Lounges in Charlotte (CLT), Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) and London Heathrow (LHR), in addition to existing lounges in Dallas (DFW), Hong Kong (HKG), Houston (IAH), Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), New York (LGA), Philadelphia (PHL), San Francisco (SFO) and Seattle (SEA).
Customers (and two guests) can access the lounge with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. Cardmembers may purchase day passes for additional guests at a cost of $50, and children under two years of age are admitted free of charge when traveling with an eligible cardmember.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees