Amex Details New Centurion Lounge, Escape Lounge Coming to Phoenix
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express customers with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express will soon have a handful of additional Centurion Lounges to visit, with the issuer opening new locations in Charlotte (CLT), Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) and London Heathrow (LHR).
Early Wednesday morning, Amex added a sixth confirmed outpost to that list at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) — a location we first learned about in December. The issuer provided renderings of the new Centurion location to The Points Guy.
With a planned opening in 2020, the new Phoenix Centurion Lounge will be located in Terminal 4, home to American Airlines, Southwest, Air Canada, British Airways, Condor, Volaris and WestJet.
The PHX Sky Train connects Terminal 3 as well, and you can walk from there to Terminal 2, though you’d need to pass through security separately at Terminal 4 if you’re hoping to access the lounge when flying through a different terminal.
Additionally, Amex is working with its partner MAG USA to open an Escape Lounge, which will also be available at Terminal 4 as part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection.
Again, customers with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express will get free access, while other flyers can access the lounge for $40 in advance or $45 same-day. Both lounges will offer a variety of food and beverage options, in addition to showers, high-speed Wi-Fi, charging stations and more.
Along with the new Phoenix location, Amex is planning to open Centurion Lounges in Charlotte (CLT), Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) and London Heathrow (LHR), in addition to existing lounges in Dallas (DFW), Hong Kong (HKG), Houston (IAH), Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), New York (LGA), Philadelphia (PHL), San Francisco (SFO) and Seattle (SEA).
Customers (and two guests) can access the lounge with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express. Cardmembers may purchase day passes for additional guests at a cost of $50, and children under two years of age are admitted free of charge when traveling with an eligible cardmember.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees