A Centurion Lounge is (Finally) Coming to LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Reports indicate that the American Express Centurion Lounge network is expanding yet again! With nine lounges currently open and additional lounges coming soon to New York’s Kennedy (JFK) and Denver (DEN), the Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) Board of Airport Commissioners has reportedly approved a lease for the next Amex Centurion Lounge:
According to details of the agreement, the lounge will be in LAX’s Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT). This terminal is connected airside to Terminal 4 and 5 — both of which are used primarily by American Airlines — and beyond to terminals 6-8. While it’s not a short walk between these terminals, this new lounge will be a welcome reprieve during long LAX layovers if you don’t have access to the incredible Qantas lounge.
Amex will be paying $2.8 million in rent for the first year and a total of $33.4 million over the 10-year lease term.
In some ways, this lounge has been long coming. Back in 2016, American Express opened a pop-up Centurion Lounge in LAX’s international terminal. While that temporary lounge wasn’t anything special, it was a hint that American Express was interested in opening a Centurion Lounge at LAX.
Access to American Express Centurion Lounges is now limited to cardmembers with a Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. Eligible cardmembers will be able to bring two guests and purchase $50 day passes for additional guests.
TPG contacted Los Angeles World Airports about this reported lounge approval. A media representative was aware that meetings were being held about a new lounge but was unaware of any agreement.
H/T: Brian Sumers
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees