A Centurion Lounge is (Finally) Coming to LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Reports indicate that the American Express Centurion Lounge network is expanding yet again! With nine lounges currently open and additional lounges coming soon to New York’s Kennedy (JFK) and Denver (DEN), the Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) Board of Airport Commissioners has reportedly approved a lease for the next Amex Centurion Lounge:
According to details of the agreement, the lounge will be in LAX’s Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT). This terminal is connected airside to Terminal 4 and 5 — both of which are used primarily by American Airlines — and beyond to terminals 6-8. While it’s not a short walk between these terminals, this new lounge will be a welcome reprieve during long LAX layovers if you don’t have access to the incredible Qantas lounge.
Amex will be paying $2.8 million in rent for the first year and a total of $33.4 million over the 10-year lease term.
In some ways, this lounge has been long coming. Back in 2016, American Express opened a pop-up Centurion Lounge in LAX’s international terminal. While that temporary lounge wasn’t anything special, it was a hint that American Express was interested in opening a Centurion Lounge at LAX.
Access to American Express Centurion Lounges is now limited to cardmembers with a Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express. Eligible cardmembers will be able to bring two guests and purchase $50 day passes for additional guests.
TPG contacted Los Angeles World Airports about this reported lounge approval. A media representative was aware that meetings were being held about a new lounge but was unaware of any agreement.
H/T: Brian Sumers
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees