American Express Confirms Denver Centurion Lounge Will Open by 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Update 4/12/18 8:30am ET: American Express has confirmed that its newest Centurion Lounge will open at Denver International Airport (DEN) in 2019. The lounge, which will be located in the C Concourse, will be the second-largest in the network (behind JFK) at 14,650 square feet.
American Express has released two renderings for the upcoming DEN Centurion Lounge:
American Express is making the Platinum Card® from American Express even more valuable, as it continues to expand its network of Centurion Lounges. Most recently, the issuer opened new lounges in both Philadelphia (PHL) and Hong Kong (HKG), with plans to open a lounge at New York Kennedy (JFK). And now, American Express is looking to open a new Centurion Lounge at Denver International Airport (DEN).
The Denver City Council is working to approve a 10-year lease, worth $20 million, to begin the construction on a new Centurion Lounge at DEN. The proposed lease that features a famed Centurion Lounge would come to DEN’s C Concourse. One Mile at a Time reports that the DEN Centurion Lounge would be 14,650 square feet, making it the second-largest in the lounge network, after JFK’s lounge opens (15,000 square feet).
The proposed lounge, with a capital investment of more than $14 million, includes all of the Centurion basics — premium bar, high-speed internet, food options, showers, a family room, phone rooms, tranquility area for sleeping and more. Plus, plans detailed to the City Council also detail that the lounge will feature spa and wellness services, as well as beer and wine tasting areas.
As included in the presentation to the City Council, the Centurion Lounge will be located in Concourse C. Airlines in the C Concourse, which is set to be expanded, include Alaska, Allegiant, Southwest and Spirit. Even if you’re not flying with one of those carriers, all terminals at DEN are connected airside.
Details as far as timeline on the construction of this new DEN Centurion Lounge remain light. We reached out to American Express but have yet to hear back.
Not including the lounges at DEN and JFK that have yet to be completed, the portfolio of lounges includes Dallas (DFW), Hong Kong (HKG), Houston (IAH), Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), New York (LGA), Philadelphia (PHL), San Francisco (SFO) and Seattle (SEA).
Access to Amex’s Centurion Lounges is now limited to cardmembers with a Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. Eligible cardmembers will be able to bring two guests and purchase $50 day passes for additional guests.
Featured image of SFO Centurion Lounge.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees