Amex Confirms Centurion Lounge Opening at Charlotte Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If brands always got it their way, partners would keep a tight lid on product introductions until they’re officially ready to announce — but as Amex knows all to well, when real estate’s involved, that’s an especially challenging ask.
As a result, the issuer’s latest US Centurion Lounge location leaked a bit too soon, when American Express put in a request for a 10-year lease. Now, a few weeks later, Amex is finally able to confirm: a Centurion Lounge will indeed be coming to Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT).
Strategically positioned at American Airlines’ southeast hub, Amex’s first North Carolina lounge is scheduled to open in 2020, rather than next year, as originally reported. It’ll be located after security at the intersection of Concourses D and E, on the top floor of a new airport expansion.
At 13,000 square feet, it’ll be one of Amex’s largest lounges to date, just shy of the upcoming JFK location, which is planned for 15,000 square feet in total. The lounge will offer shower suites, noise-buffering workstations and a family room, in addition to complimentary, locally inspired food and high-end drinks.
The CLT Centurion Lounge will join Amex’s other US locations, in Dallas (DFW), Houston (IAH), Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), New York (LGA), Philadelphia (PHL), San Francisco (SFO) and Seattle (SEA), plus planned lounges in Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), and New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK).
Customers (and two guests) can access the lounge with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
Featured image of Amex’s Houston Centurion Lounge by Zach Honig.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees