Amex Is Opening a Centurion Lounge at London Heathrow
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Now, almost two years after Amex first announced it’d be opening up in Hong Kong, the issuer’s back to announce its second international location, at London Heathrow (LHR). The UK’s first Amex lounge will be located after security in Terminal 3, and is slated to open up sometime in 2019.
Terminal 3 is home to Heathrow’s oneworld carriers, including American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, JAL and others, in addition to Delta, Virgin Atlantic and Emirates. Also, while it’s a bit of a pain to get between terminals at LHR, it is possible to get in with any valid boarding pass — with a long enough layover, you could visit the Centurion Lounge at Terminal 3 even if you’re flying Air New Zealand from Terminal 2, for example.
While we’re still months away from the grand opening, Amex is operating a special “Centurion Lounge pop-up” in December to help drum up some excitement:
“Platinum and Centurion Card Members can get a taste of the Centurion Lounge’s premium service and amenities at an exclusive pop-up at Unit 6, Langley Street, in London’s Covent Garden which will be open from 13 to 16 December from 11:00am to 6:00pm each day. A much needed sanctuary from the hustle and bustle, the pop-up Centurion Lounge will offer complimentary bites and beverages, gift wrapping services, charging stations and family programming. Platinum and Centurion Card Members are welcome to attend with up to two complimentary guests.”
Once it opens next year, Amex’s permanent London Centurion Lounge will offer 7,000 square feet, with showers, private workstations and other amenities. You can expect UK-inspired drinks and cuisine, likely curated by a local celebrity chef.
2019 is an exciting year for American Express — in addition to this new London location, Amex is opening outposts in Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), and New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). A lounge is slated to open in Charlotte (CLT) in 2020.
Customers can access a Centurion Lounge by flashing The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion Card. Visitors are entitled to bring two guests.
Featured image by by Grzegorz Bajor via Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees