Amex Is Opening a Centurion Lounge at London Heathrow
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Now, almost two years after Amex first announced it’d be opening up in Hong Kong, the issuer’s back to announce its second international location, at London Heathrow (LHR). The UK’s first Amex lounge will be located after security in Terminal 3, and is slated to open up sometime in 2019.
Terminal 3 is home to Heathrow’s oneworld carriers, including American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, JAL and others, in addition to Delta, Virgin Atlantic and Emirates. Also, while it’s a bit of a pain to get between terminals at LHR, it is possible to get in with any valid boarding pass — with a long enough layover, you could visit the Centurion Lounge at Terminal 3 even if you’re flying Air New Zealand from Terminal 2, for example.
While we’re still months away from the grand opening, Amex is operating a special “Centurion Lounge pop-up” in December to help drum up some excitement:
“Platinum and Centurion Card Members can get a taste of the Centurion Lounge’s premium service and amenities at an exclusive pop-up at Unit 6, Langley Street, in London’s Covent Garden which will be open from 13 to 16 December from 11:00am to 6:00pm each day. A much needed sanctuary from the hustle and bustle, the pop-up Centurion Lounge will offer complimentary bites and beverages, gift wrapping services, charging stations and family programming. Platinum and Centurion Card Members are welcome to attend with up to two complimentary guests.”
Once it opens next year, Amex’s permanent London Centurion Lounge will offer 7,000 square feet, with showers, private workstations and other amenities. You can expect UK-inspired drinks and cuisine, likely curated by a local celebrity chef.
2019 is an exciting year for American Express — in addition to this new London location, Amex is opening outposts in Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), and New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). A lounge is slated to open in Charlotte (CLT) in 2020.
Customers can access a Centurion Lounge by flashing The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion Card. Visitors are entitled to bring two guests.
Featured image by by Grzegorz Bajor via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.