Avoiding Bag Fees, TPG’s New Vlog, Defeating Basic Economy and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
There’s one airline — and a few cards — that’ll spare you that cost.
People always ask what it’s like to be The Points Guy. Here’s the answer.
No one really wants to board with the last group.
TPG’s Brendan Dorsey breaks down how to book it.
It’s not all bad news, but it’s not all good news.
The valuable promotion ends June 11.
The last time these were for sale they sold out, and fast.
Major carriers Alaska Airlines, Delta and United have widely matched the increase.
This service is great for when it’s more convenient to hop on a train than to fly.
… So you can hop back on the status train even after those months of staying home with your newborn.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee