Plan Your European Train Trip This Summer With Eurail’s New App and Discounts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Train stations are usually centrally located in major cities, and thus easier to reach than airports, and you rarely have to worry about baggage limits or slogging through security. Best of all, you can actually enjoy the scenery, whether you’re whizzing across the French countryside or chugging through the Swiss Alps. And now Eurail, the company that made it easy to design an entire journey through Europe by train, is celebrating its 60th anniversary by releasing new app features and discounts.
Eurail’s Rail Planner app (admittedly not the most eloquent name) has a new look and easy-to-navigate interface. With the “Trip Planner” feature, you can now search train routes and only be shown trains that accept the Eurail pass. Once you find the route you want, you can save it to the new “My Trip” feature, which organizes your trip as a day-by-day itinerary. You can also map out your trip, making it easy to visualize the routes you’re taking.
Plus, the app now tells you if an additional reservation is needed. For trains in France, Italy, Germany, Sweden and Switzerland, the app makes it easy to book a seat in advance and receive a confirmation by email.
Earlier this year, Eurail underwent a revamp that included simplified passes, the addition of three new countries — Great Britain, Macedonia and Lithuania — new rules and more discounts. Now, you can choose a One Country Pass or a Global Pass that gives you access to train routes in 31 countries.
There are even ferries, accommodations and attractions that offer discounts to Eurail pass holders, and the updated app makes it easy to search by country and see where you can save by showing your pass or pre-ordering online. In Italy, for example, you can get 10% off the rates at Generator Hostels and 20% off fares on SNAV ferries, which go to Capri, Ischia and Sorrento on the Amalfi Coast as well as the Eolian Islands off the coast of Sicily.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees