This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As part of Hyatt’s first buy points promotion of 2019, you can increase your World of Hyatt balance by purchasing the currency with a 30% bonus. Through Feb. 22, 2019, when you buy at least 3,000 points, you’ll trigger the 30% bonus on purchased points.
This Hyatt buy points promotion is not tiered, meaning you’ll get the 30% bonus no matter how many points you buy. Without any bonus, Hyatt points sell for 2.4 cents apiece. However, with the bonus, you can get them at the discounted rate of 1.8 cents each. TPG’s latest valuations peg World of Hyatt points at 1.7 cents apiece, so you could be getting points at a good value.
Since the Hyatt award chart starts at just 5,000 points per night, that means you can buy award nights starting at just $96 — by purchasing 4,000 points with a 1,200-point bonus. Alternatively, you can redeem as few as 2,500 points plus a cash co-pay through Points + Cash redemptions. And remember that award nights now count toward elite status.
Free Ways of Getting Hyatt Points
No matter how good of a deal the buy-points promotion is, earning points via credit card sign-ups is a much cheaper way of stocking up on Hyatt points. You can do so directly through the Hyatt Credit Card — which offers a 50,000-point sign-up bonus. You’ll earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first three months and an additional 25,000 bonus points after spending $6,000 total on purchases within the first six months of account opening.
Also, you can transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt at 1:1 ratio. If you’re short on Ultimate Rewards points, some of the best sign-up offers are the Chase Ink Business Preferred‘s 80,000 sign-up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Reserve‘s 50,000 sign-up bonus and the Chase Sapphire Preferred‘s 50,000 sign-up bonus.
How to Buy Hyatt Points With a 40% Bonus
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this deal, here are the step-by-step directions:
- Visit Hyatt’s Buy Points link.
- Enter your World of Hyatt membership number, name and email address.
- Select the number of points you want to purchase, enter your credit card information and billing address, agree to the terms and conditions and click Purchase Bonus Points.
Keep in mind that the usual restrictions for purchasing Hyatt points apply to these transactions, including:
- You must purchase points in increments of 1,000 points up to a maximum of 55,000 points per calendar year.
- Any purchased points will not count toward qualification for any increased or improved status or elite membership in the World of Hyatt program.
Which Credit Card to Use to Purchase
Hyatt point purchases are processed by Points.com, so these purchases won’t code as travel. You won’t earn bonus points from cards such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, with one exception: We’ve noticed that the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card has earned 3x points per dollar spent on Points.com.
If you don’t have that card yet, you’ll want to use the best non-bonus category credit card for your situation. Chase Freedom Unlimited cardholders with a Chase Ultimate Rewards-earning card can earn a 3% return by earning 1.5x Ultimate Rewards points on non-bonus purchases like this or Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express cardholders will earn 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 per year.
Featured photo of the Park Hyatt Maldives by Darren Murph/The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees