Watch Now: The Points Guy Launches Official Vlog Series
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a part of the official launch of “Being The Points Guy” — Brian Kelly’s new vlog series, premiering today, we’ve decided to go back to humble beginnings by answering the most basic question we get:
Who is The Points Guy?
It’s a valid question. And we, at The Points Guy, are here to answer it. Let’s start from the beginning:
The Points Guy is our founder and CEO, Brian Kelly. However, before he earned that nickname and founded this website, Brian was a recruiter for Morgan Stanley. Points and miles had been a longtime hobby of his — since age 12.
It all started when he used to book travel for his Dad via Travelocity (earning $10 a reservation), but his interest in the subject continued long into his adulthood. Which is where we arrive back in at Morgan Stanley, when he was traveling frequently for work. After a while, and a flight in British Airways first class where his next-seat neighbor was Madonna, he decided to share all that points and miles knowledge with the world and launch thepointsguy.com in 2010.
Which would, over the next nine years, evolve into the full-scale media brand with seven million unique visitors a month it is today. And we couldn’t have done it without you!
So now, Brian wants to take the TPG brand one step further and share even more points and miles, travel and aviation content with you guys. Thus, we are excited to introduce you to “Being The Points Guy” — Brian Kelly’s official vlog series, where we give you a front row seat to what his life is like traveling the world on points and miles. Now, with new videos going up every Tuesday and Thursday, you can really get to know who The Points Guy is.
Check out our first video “How Many Points Does The Points Guy Have?” and all following episodes of the series below. And don’t forget to hit that subscribe button at the bottom of the page — you don’t want to miss out on where we go next!
Featured image by Jorge Rodriguez.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees