Watch Now: The Points Guy Launches Official Vlog Series
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a part of the official launch of “Being The Points Guy” — Brian Kelly’s new vlog series, premiering today, we’ve decided to go back to humble beginnings by answering the most basic question we get:
Who is The Points Guy?
It’s a valid question. And we, at The Points Guy, are here to answer it. Let’s start from the beginning:
The Points Guy is our founder and CEO, Brian Kelly. However, before he earned that nickname and founded this website, Brian was a recruiter for Morgan Stanley. Points and miles had been a longtime hobby of his — since age 12.
It all started when he used to book travel for his Dad via Travelocity (earning $10 a reservation), but his interest in the subject continued long into his adulthood. Which is where we arrive back in at Morgan Stanley, when he was traveling frequently for work. After a while, and a flight in British Airways first class where his next-seat neighbor was Madonna, he decided to share all that points and miles knowledge with the world and launch thepointsguy.com in 2010.
Which would, over the next nine years, evolve into the full-scale media brand with seven million unique visitors a month it is today. And we couldn’t have done it without you!
So now, Brian wants to take the TPG brand one step further and share even more points and miles, travel and aviation content with you guys. Thus, we are excited to introduce you to “Being The Points Guy” — Brian Kelly’s official vlog series, where we give you a front row seat to what his life is like traveling the world on points and miles. Now, with new videos going up every Tuesday and Thursday, you can really get to know who The Points Guy is.
Check out our first video “How Many Points Does The Points Guy Have?” and all following episodes of the series below. And don’t forget to hit that subscribe button at the bottom of the page — you don’t want to miss out on where we go next!
Featured image by Jorge Rodriguez.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.