Watch Now: The Points Guy Launches Official Vlog Series
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a part of the official launch of “Being The Points Guy” — Brian Kelly’s new vlog series, premiering today, we’ve decided to go back to humble beginnings by answering the most basic question we get:
Who is The Points Guy?
It’s a valid question. And we, at The Points Guy, are here to answer it. Let’s start from the beginning:
The Points Guy is our founder and CEO, Brian Kelly. However, before he earned that nickname and founded this website, Brian was a recruiter for Morgan Stanley. Points and miles had been a longtime hobby of his — since age 12.
It all started when he used to book travel for his Dad via Travelocity (earning $10 a reservation), but his interest in the subject continued long into his adulthood. Which is where we arrive back in at Morgan Stanley, when he was traveling frequently for work. After a while, and a flight in British Airways first class where his next-seat neighbor was Madonna, he decided to share all that points and miles knowledge with the world and launch thepointsguy.com in 2010.
Which would, over the next nine years, evolve into the full-scale media brand with seven million unique visitors a month it is today. And we couldn’t have done it without you!
So now, Brian wants to take the TPG brand one step further and share even more points and miles, travel and aviation content with you guys. Thus, we are excited to introduce you to “Being The Points Guy” — Brian Kelly’s official vlog series, where we give you a front row seat to what his life is like traveling the world on points and miles. Now, with new videos going up every Tuesday and Thursday, you can really get to know who The Points Guy is.
Check out our first video “How Many Points Does The Points Guy Have?” and all following episodes of the series below. And don’t forget to hit that subscribe button at the bottom of the page — you don’t want to miss out on where we go next!
Featured image by Jorge Rodriguez.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee