Bimini Beach Club or Bust! Virgin Voyages Spills Details on New Island Experience
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re booked on an inaugural Virgin Voyages sailing aboard the Scarlet Lady in 2020, embarkation day can’t come soon enough.
Although it will be a while before you get to board the vessel, you can get your Virgin Voyages fix with the latest news about the first ship in the fleet that caters to an exclusively 18 and older crowd. The overall cruise concept that Richard Branson’s team has charted is designed for people who’ve always said they hate cruises.
Today, Virgin is showing off The Beach Club at Bimini in the Bahamas by way of this splashy video that does, indeed, make this swanky port of call look quite enticing.
Welcoming passengers starting in April 2020, The Beach Club — said to be just a quick transfer from the pier — is Branson’s answer to the cruise line private island, like Royal Caribbean’s Perfect Day at CocoCay or Disney’s Castaway Cay.
A massive lagoon-style pool and lounge area that overlooks the ocean is at the center of the club. As you watch the video, it’s easy to see the influence of Spain’s Ibiza or some of the beach towns along the French Riviera.
The cruise line promises daily activities with a very deliberate arc of energy at The Beach Club. It starts with meditation and reflection — and some morning yoga thrown in for good measure.
As the sun gets higher, it revs up into more active pursuits like swimming, snorkeling and kayaking, or playing volleyball and diving the SS Sapona shipwreck, just a few miles off the island’s southern shore. At lunchtime, enjoy complimentary Bahamian-inspired cuisine like banana leaf-wrapped queen snapper, a yummy conch and mango salad, and traditional rum cake.
Later in the day, The Beach Club vibe cranks up with a full-on party led by musicians and DJs. Founding DJ Mark Ronson — who has collaborated with the likes of Lady Gaga, Adele and Bruno Mars — will take to the turntables on four yet-to-be announced itineraries.
Not surprisingly, Virgin promises some serious “retox” after your morning detox. The Beach Club’s six bars provide libations in a layout that offers group seating arrangements for friends and intimate nooks for couples. Cabanas at the beach and pool will also be available to rent.
As night falls, the beach bonfire lights the shoreline and an acoustic musical performance will close out the day.
If you’re booked into a RockStar Suite, you’ll be a VIP at The Beach Club with access to a dedicated bar, beach cabana, outdoor terrace with sun loungers and food-delivery service.
Scarlet Lady sets sail in April 2020 with round-trip Caribbean itineraries from Miami.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Voyages
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees