This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re booked on an inaugural Virgin Voyages sailing aboard the Scarlet Lady in 2020, embarkation day can’t come soon enough.
Although it will be a while before you get to board the vessel, you can get your Virgin Voyages fix with the latest news about the first ship in the fleet that caters to an exclusively 18 and older crowd. The overall cruise concept that Richard Branson’s team has charted is designed for people who’ve always said they hate cruises.
Today, Virgin is showing off The Beach Club at Bimini in the Bahamas by way of this splashy video that does, indeed, make this swanky port of call look quite enticing.
Welcoming passengers starting in April 2020, The Beach Club — said to be just a quick transfer from the pier — is Branson’s answer to the cruise line private island, like Royal Caribbean’s Perfect Day at CocoCay or Disney’s Castaway Cay.
A massive lagoon-style pool and lounge area that overlooks the ocean is at the center of the club. As you watch the video, it’s easy to see the influence of Spain’s Ibiza or some of the beach towns along the French Riviera.
The cruise line promises daily activities with a very deliberate arc of energy at The Beach Club. It starts with meditation and reflection — and some morning yoga thrown in for good measure.
As the sun gets higher, it revs up into more active pursuits like swimming, snorkeling and kayaking, or playing volleyball and diving the SS Sapona shipwreck, just a few miles off the island’s southern shore. At lunchtime, enjoy complimentary Bahamian-inspired cuisine like banana leaf-wrapped queen snapper, a yummy conch and mango salad, and traditional rum cake.
Later in the day, The Beach Club vibe cranks up with a full-on party led by musicians and DJs. Founding DJ Mark Ronson — who has collaborated with the likes of Lady Gaga, Adele and Bruno Mars — will take to the turntables on four yet-to-be announced itineraries.
Not surprisingly, Virgin promises some serious “retox” after your morning detox. The Beach Club’s six bars provide libations in a layout that offers group seating arrangements for friends and intimate nooks for couples. Cabanas at the beach and pool will also be available to rent.
As night falls, the beach bonfire lights the shoreline and an acoustic musical performance will close out the day.
If you’re booked into a RockStar Suite, you’ll be a VIP at The Beach Club with access to a dedicated bar, beach cabana, outdoor terrace with sun loungers and food-delivery service.
Scarlet Lady sets sail in April 2020 with round-trip Caribbean itineraries from Miami.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Voyages
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees