First Look Inside Richard Branson’s Virgin Voyages Cruise Ship Cabins
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Voyages, a new Sir Richard Branson-backed adults-only cruise line, is set to launch its first ship in 2020. The ship, named Scarlet Lady, is set to roam the Caribbean with ports of call that will include Havana, Cuba, and Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. If you were hoping for a stop at Branson’s Necker Island, no such luck as of now.
On Thursday, Virgin Voyages released some additional details about the ship, including the first look at guests’ cabins.
The cruise lines says that 93% of the cabins on board will have an ocean view and 83% will have a Sea Terrace. If you plan to spend some time on that terrace you can enjoy a custom-designed hammock which is handwoven by artisans from Yellow Leaf.
Virgin is really touting the cabin experience that its customers can expect on board. The cabins have been designed around what Virgin is calling the Seabed. The Seabed is a full size bed that easily folds up to a lounger. The company says this will make it easier for people to entertain in their cabins. Customers will be able to convert their cabin from cozy hang out to bedroom and back again as needed. The Seabed was designed and is crafted by hand in Germany by Walter Knoll.
Dee Cooper, senior vice president of design for Virgin Voyages says “We didn’t want to create the same old box of a bedroom that our Sailors would only use to lay their head down at night, we wanted to reshape the entire cabin experience.”
The Seabed isn’t the only thing in the cabin designed to make passengers as comfortable as possible. All cabins will feature 4K TVs, rain shower heads and mini bars. Cabins will also feature mood lighting that will automatically adjust to enhance the time of day based on where the ship is located. The company says the mood lightning is designed to show off the blue seas and amazing sunsets of the Caribbean.
When the Scarlet Lady sets sail in 2020, she will have 1,330 cabins on board along with 78 RockStar Suites. Cabin choices will include XL Sea Terrace cabins, Sea Terrace Cabins, Sea View Cabins, Insider Cabins. Other offerings include the Solo insider cabins, which the company says are designed and priced for solo travelers. If group travel is more your style, you can choose from the Social Insider cabin, featuring a chalet-style bunk that sleeps up to four.
If you are ready to book passage on board the Scarlet Lady, you only have to wait a few more days. Booking for the 2020 season will open on Feb. 14, Valentines Day. The company says it will also be making additional announcements that day about onboard experiences and an additional destination that will be featured on all voyages.
Featured image by Virgin Voyages.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.