First Look Inside Richard Branson’s Virgin Voyages Cruise Ship Cabins
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Voyages, a new Sir Richard Branson-backed adults-only cruise line, is set to launch its first ship in 2020. The ship, named Scarlet Lady, is set to roam the Caribbean with ports of call that will include Havana, Cuba, and Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. If you were hoping for a stop at Branson’s Necker Island, no such luck as of now.
On Thursday, Virgin Voyages released some additional details about the ship, including the first look at guests’ cabins.
The cruise lines says that 93% of the cabins on board will have an ocean view and 83% will have a Sea Terrace. If you plan to spend some time on that terrace you can enjoy a custom-designed hammock which is handwoven by artisans from Yellow Leaf.
Virgin is really touting the cabin experience that its customers can expect on board. The cabins have been designed around what Virgin is calling the Seabed. The Seabed is a full size bed that easily folds up to a lounger. The company says this will make it easier for people to entertain in their cabins. Customers will be able to convert their cabin from cozy hang out to bedroom and back again as needed. The Seabed was designed and is crafted by hand in Germany by Walter Knoll.
Dee Cooper, senior vice president of design for Virgin Voyages says “We didn’t want to create the same old box of a bedroom that our Sailors would only use to lay their head down at night, we wanted to reshape the entire cabin experience.”
The Seabed isn’t the only thing in the cabin designed to make passengers as comfortable as possible. All cabins will feature 4K TVs, rain shower heads and mini bars. Cabins will also feature mood lighting that will automatically adjust to enhance the time of day based on where the ship is located. The company says the mood lightning is designed to show off the blue seas and amazing sunsets of the Caribbean.
When the Scarlet Lady sets sail in 2020, she will have 1,330 cabins on board along with 78 RockStar Suites. Cabin choices will include XL Sea Terrace cabins, Sea Terrace Cabins, Sea View Cabins, Insider Cabins. Other offerings include the Solo insider cabins, which the company says are designed and priced for solo travelers. If group travel is more your style, you can choose from the Social Insider cabin, featuring a chalet-style bunk that sleeps up to four.
If you are ready to book passage on board the Scarlet Lady, you only have to wait a few more days. Booking for the 2020 season will open on Feb. 14, Valentines Day. The company says it will also be making additional announcements that day about onboard experiences and an additional destination that will be featured on all voyages.
Featured image by Virgin Voyages.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees