This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ahoy, matey! Richard Branson’s iconic Virgin brand is taking to the high seas.
Virgin Voyages is wrapping up the final touches on its first cruise ship, the Scarlet Lady, scheduled to set sail sometime in Q1 2020. As you might imagine from Virgin’s previous endeavors, this won’t be your average cruise ship. The Scarlet Lady’s design theme is “Rebellious Luxe,” designed by acclaimed interior designer Tom Dixon for cruisegoers 18 years of age or older. The common areas of the ship bear a “retro-futurism” theme, according to the Virgin Voyages website, and will include a variety of dining and beverage options from cuisines around the world.
In order to create a more intimate cruise experience, the Scarlet Lady features just 78 “RockStar Suites” in eight different design variations, with fun names such as the self-explanatory Massive Suite, as well as the Fab, Posh, Gorgeous, Brilliant, Cheeky, Sweet Aft and Seriously Suites. Some have hammocks, others have living rooms and a catamaran net for stargazing, while others yet have outdoor Jacuzzis. Regardless of details, each suite comes replete with a sea terrace. And in keeping with the “rockstar” theme, each suite also boasts a gold-plated vinyl record player and a number of classic records.
All suite occupants will also have access to a variety of VIP services, which include access to a personal assistant, private transportation to and from the cruise ship, a personal wardrobe team to help guests pack and unpack, complimentary pressing service, nightly express swimsuit drying service and exclusive early access to on board entertainment and restaurants.
Virgin’s attention to detail carries over on land as well. Virgin Voyages is also building a brand new cruise terminal to house the Scarlet Lady, which will be completed sometime in late 2019. The brand hired the same design firm that brought to life the American Airlines center in Downtown Dallas as well as the Miami City Ballet in South Beach.
As of now, Virgin Voyages has released very little additional information regarding future Scarlet Lady cruises, including costs and exact launch date. However, the brand website features a cheeky FAQ as well as a small pop-up banner encouraging interested travelers to submit their email addresses for details as soon as they’re revealed — as well as the chance to win a cruise for two.
All photos courtesy of Virgin Voyages.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees