This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just this Tuesday morning, I was listening to Richard Branson tell TPG about a handful of new ventures, ranging from a new loyalty program to Virgin Voyages, where the first ship is expected to be delivered to the Virgin-branded cruise line in 2020.
While we’ve already gotten a first look at renderings of Virgin’s inaugural “adults only” ship, the Scarlet Lady, on Wednesday morning Branson decided to unveil the line’s new terminal design as well, which will be located at the PortMiami seaport in Florida’s Biscayne Bay.
The new terminal is designed by Arquitectonica, the Miami-based firm behind the nearby American Airlines Arena. Palm trees serve as a key element, fitting within the locally inspired Art Deco design.
As Virgin Voyages explains:
“The terminal’s rooftop is designed to resemble a palm tree grove with pockets that allow natural light to flow into the building by day, and gorgeous beams to light up our iconic Virgin Voyages logo (as well as the Miami sky) by night, allowing our future home to shine brightly.”
The glass terminal will sport designated ride-sharing and VIP drop-off spots, and given the facility’s position, hurricane-proofing was a key priority as well.
Virgin Voyages will be available to book beginning on Feb. 14, 2019, though customers with pre-sale deposits will be able to secure their spot as early as Feb. 5. Scarlet Lady will sail from Miami to the Caribbean throughout 2021, with a second vessel joining the fleet for the 2021/2022 fall/winter season, and a third and fourth ship yet to come.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees