Richard Branson Reveals Hip Virgin Voyages Terminal in Miami
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just this Tuesday morning, I was listening to Richard Branson tell TPG about a handful of new ventures, ranging from a new loyalty program to Virgin Voyages, where the first ship is expected to be delivered to the Virgin-branded cruise line in 2020.
While we’ve already gotten a first look at renderings of Virgin’s inaugural “adults only” ship, the Scarlet Lady, on Wednesday morning Branson decided to unveil the line’s new terminal design as well, which will be located at the PortMiami seaport in Florida’s Biscayne Bay.
The new terminal is designed by Arquitectonica, the Miami-based firm behind the nearby American Airlines Arena. Palm trees serve as a key element, fitting within the locally inspired Art Deco design.
As Virgin Voyages explains:
“The terminal’s rooftop is designed to resemble a palm tree grove with pockets that allow natural light to flow into the building by day, and gorgeous beams to light up our iconic Virgin Voyages logo (as well as the Miami sky) by night, allowing our future home to shine brightly.”
The glass terminal will sport designated ride-sharing and VIP drop-off spots, and given the facility’s position, hurricane-proofing was a key priority as well.
Virgin Voyages will be available to book beginning on Feb. 14, 2019, though customers with pre-sale deposits will be able to secure their spot as early as Feb. 5. Scarlet Lady will sail from Miami to the Caribbean throughout 2021, with a second vessel joining the fleet for the 2021/2022 fall/winter season, and a third and fourth ship yet to come.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees