Richard Branson Reveals Hip Virgin Voyages Terminal in Miami
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just this Tuesday morning, I was listening to Richard Branson tell TPG about a handful of new ventures, ranging from a new loyalty program to Virgin Voyages, where the first ship is expected to be delivered to the Virgin-branded cruise line in 2020.
While we’ve already gotten a first look at renderings of Virgin’s inaugural “adults only” ship, the Scarlet Lady, on Wednesday morning Branson decided to unveil the line’s new terminal design as well, which will be located at the PortMiami seaport in Florida’s Biscayne Bay.
The new terminal is designed by Arquitectonica, the Miami-based firm behind the nearby American Airlines Arena. Palm trees serve as a key element, fitting within the locally inspired Art Deco design.
As Virgin Voyages explains:
“The terminal’s rooftop is designed to resemble a palm tree grove with pockets that allow natural light to flow into the building by day, and gorgeous beams to light up our iconic Virgin Voyages logo (as well as the Miami sky) by night, allowing our future home to shine brightly.”
The glass terminal will sport designated ride-sharing and VIP drop-off spots, and given the facility’s position, hurricane-proofing was a key priority as well.
Virgin Voyages will be available to book beginning on Feb. 14, 2019, though customers with pre-sale deposits will be able to secure their spot as early as Feb. 5. Scarlet Lady will sail from Miami to the Caribbean throughout 2021, with a second vessel joining the fleet for the 2021/2022 fall/winter season, and a third and fourth ship yet to come.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.