Richard Branson Reveals Hip Virgin Voyages Terminal in Miami
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just this Tuesday morning, I was listening to Richard Branson tell TPG about a handful of new ventures, ranging from a new loyalty program to Virgin Voyages, where the first ship is expected to be delivered to the Virgin-branded cruise line in 2020.
While we’ve already gotten a first look at renderings of Virgin’s inaugural “adults only” ship, the Scarlet Lady, on Wednesday morning Branson decided to unveil the line’s new terminal design as well, which will be located at the PortMiami seaport in Florida’s Biscayne Bay.
The new terminal is designed by Arquitectonica, the Miami-based firm behind the nearby American Airlines Arena. Palm trees serve as a key element, fitting within the locally inspired Art Deco design.
As Virgin Voyages explains:
“The terminal’s rooftop is designed to resemble a palm tree grove with pockets that allow natural light to flow into the building by day, and gorgeous beams to light up our iconic Virgin Voyages logo (as well as the Miami sky) by night, allowing our future home to shine brightly.”
The glass terminal will sport designated ride-sharing and VIP drop-off spots, and given the facility’s position, hurricane-proofing was a key priority as well.
Virgin Voyages will be available to book beginning on Feb. 14, 2019, though customers with pre-sale deposits will be able to secure their spot as early as Feb. 5. Scarlet Lady will sail from Miami to the Caribbean throughout 2021, with a second vessel joining the fleet for the 2021/2022 fall/winter season, and a third and fourth ship yet to come.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.