Hate Cruises? Richard Branson Wants You to Try Virgin Voyages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Voyages, the cruise line brain child of Richard Branson, recently unveiled some new, much anticipated details of its first ship’s design, in what the company is calling a “ship tease.”
Virgin brand of cruise-liners aims “to get people who’d never dream of going on a cruise ship,” Branson says. That mission starts with the fact that the Virgin Voyages cruises will be for adult “sailors” only — passengers must be 18 years or older — and is carried through the ship’s modern design.
New renderings of the cruise line’s first ship, which is expected to be delivered to Port Miami in 2020, show trendy decor from a litany of popular architects and interior designs behind travel hotspots like New York’s Standard Highline hotel, citizenM hotels and Amsterdam’s hotel Zoku.
The ship’s Athletic Club lounge will sport the world’s largest day bed at sea and a a 220-square-foot tripled net where passengers can look out into the sea — similar to a catamaran.
The “outdoor lifestyle space,” called The Dock, is ambitiously supposed to simultaneously evoke the “chicest seaside lounges in the Hamptons, Ibiza, Bali and beyond.”
The ship’s exclusive outdoor lounge for suite guests — Richard’s Rooftop — has a futuristic vibe.
Renderings also show a glimpse into one of the ship’s cabins.
Details on the new ship’s dining options have also been released. Pink Agave will be the upscale Mexican option on board with an emphasis on modern decor elements from Design Research Studio.
The other restaurant revealed, dubbed The Test Kitchen, is designed to have a laboratory aesthetic — complete with beakers and test tubes.
This ship will be Virgin Voyages’ first of three it has ordered so far. It’s set to take its inaugural sail to the Caribbean sometime in 2020 and is expected to carry 2,700 passengers and 1,150 crew.
No details on the cruise’s prices have been released yet.
You can watch Virgin’s entire presentation unveiling all of the ship’s renderings in the Facebook video below.
All images by Virgin Voyages.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees