Watch the recording of our TPG Talks webinar on Emirates Skywards and the carrier’s new credit card
Despite many international travel restrictions still in effect, a large number of Americans are looking forward to their first post-pandemic trip outside the country. And when it’s time, using points and miles can be a great way to minimize your out-of-pocket expense — or splurge for a top-shelf, premium-class ticket.
If this sounds like something up your alley, you’ll definitely want to listen to a recording of our most recent TPG Talks webinar, featuring two executives from an airline known for its lavish suites and over-the-top amenities.
Joining me on the session was Dr. Nejib Ben Khedher, divisional senior vice president of Emirates Skywards, and Essa Ahmad, divisional vice president, U.S. & Canada at Emirates. During the webinar, we took a close look at various aspects of the carrier’s operations and Skywards loyalty program — taking time to focus on the Emirates cobranded credit cards with Barclays and the new offer that just launched this week.
Emirates has always had top-notch first- and business-class products, but this took on new significance with the launch of the spectacular new first-class suite onboard its new Boeing 777-300ER back in 2017. Even during the pandemic, the carrier has maintained most of the appeal of flying these premium classes (albeit with some modifications for safety).
However, the in-flight experience isn’t the only reason to consider Emirates. Its Skywards loyalty program can present some great value for U.S.-based travelers.
For starters, it’s one of the only programs to partner with all four of the major transferable point programs — though the 2:1 transfer ratio with Capital One means you should focus on American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards or Citi ThankYou Rewards. It also made some notable changes to award tickets at the height of the pandemic, significantly reducing fuel surcharges on its own flights booked through Skywards.
In addition, the carrier offers a pair of cobranded credit cards through Barclays, and the new offer includes not just bonus Skywards miles but discounts on your next Emirates ticket. This can be a great option to boost your account balance while also saving on an upcoming flight. There are other programs out there to book Emirates awards, but these cards could be a good way to diversify your rewards strategy.
Here’s a full video recording of the webinar:
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees