Emirates launching new nonstop route to Miami this summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When the route launches, it’ll operate with four weekly frequencies — on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Sign up to receive the daily TPG newsletter for more travel and airline news!
Emirates will operate one of its Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on the route, which features a three-cabin configuration across first class, business class and economy. In total, there are eight suites in first class, 42 lie-flat seats in business class and 304 seats in economy, allowing the airline to transport a maximum of 354 passengers. Unfortunately, these won’t be Emirates’ newer first-class suites.
The announcement shows Emirates’ willingness to expand in its post-pandemic recovery. Having resumed some flights to the U.S. already, including its fifth-freedom route from Newark (EWR) to Athens (ATH), the Dubai-based airline is focused on the U.S. as a destination.
“Launching a non-stop service to Miami at this time signals our confidence in travel recovery as countries progress on their vaccination programmes and implement protocols for the safe resumption of flight and travel activity, particularly in the US and the UAE,” said Emirates Chairman and Chief Executive Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. “There is a clear demand for this service from both leisure and business travellers and we anticipate that our new route will be warmly received across our global network, as well as by travellers in Southern Florida, South America and the Caribbean.”
Emirates previously operated flights to South Florida to Fort Lauderdale (FLL), however, the route was permanently axed during the coronavirus pandemic. Since the pandemic, Emirates has been operating on a cargo-only basis to Miami (MIA). However, as of July, it’ll open the route to passengers.
When the route launches, it’ll operate on the following schedule:
- EK213 Dubai (DXB) 3:10 a.m. Departure ⇒ Miami (MIA) 11 a.m. Arrival
- EK214 Miami (MIA) 9:10 p.m. Departure ⇒ Dubai (DXB) 7:35 (+1) Arrival
With the addition of Miami to its commercial route network, Emirates will operate to a total of 12 U.S. destinations, including Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Houston (IAH), Dallas (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), Washington, D.C. (IAD) and Orlando (MCO).
On Wednesday, Alaska Airlines announced that it was ending its long-standing partnership with Emirates as of July 31. As of that date, you won’t be able to earn or redeem Alaska Mileage Plan miles for Emirates flights. However, Emirates will remain a partner of Qantas and Japan Airlines. Additionally, Skywards is a transfer partner of all the major flexible points programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards, Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards and Capital One Venture miles.
Featured photo by Ryan Patterson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.