Emirates launching new nonstop route to Miami this summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When the route launches, it’ll operate with four weekly frequencies — on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Emirates will operate one of its Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on the route, which features a three-cabin configuration across first class, business class and economy. In total, there are eight suites in first class, 42 lie-flat seats in business class and 304 seats in economy, allowing the airline to transport a maximum of 354 passengers. Unfortunately, these won’t be Emirates’ newer first-class suites.
The announcement shows Emirates’ willingness to expand in its post-pandemic recovery. Having resumed some flights to the U.S. already, including its fifth-freedom route from Newark (EWR) to Athens (ATH), the Dubai-based airline is focused on the U.S. as a destination.
“Launching a non-stop service to Miami at this time signals our confidence in travel recovery as countries progress on their vaccination programmes and implement protocols for the safe resumption of flight and travel activity, particularly in the US and the UAE,” said Emirates Chairman and Chief Executive Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. “There is a clear demand for this service from both leisure and business travellers and we anticipate that our new route will be warmly received across our global network, as well as by travellers in Southern Florida, South America and the Caribbean.”
Emirates previously operated flights to South Florida to Fort Lauderdale (FLL), however, the route was permanently axed during the coronavirus pandemic. Since the pandemic, Emirates has been operating on a cargo-only basis to Miami (MIA). However, as of July, it’ll open the route to passengers.
When the route launches, it’ll operate on the following schedule:
- EK213 Dubai (DXB) 3:10 a.m. Departure ⇒ Miami (MIA) 11 a.m. Arrival
- EK214 Miami (MIA) 9:10 p.m. Departure ⇒ Dubai (DXB) 7:35 (+1) Arrival
With the addition of Miami to its commercial route network, Emirates will operate to a total of 12 U.S. destinations, including Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Houston (IAH), Dallas (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), Washington, D.C. (IAD) and Orlando (MCO).
On Wednesday, Alaska Airlines announced that it was ending its long-standing partnership with Emirates as of July 31. As of that date, you won’t be able to earn or redeem Alaska Mileage Plan miles for Emirates flights. However, Emirates will remain a partner of Qantas and Japan Airlines. Additionally, Skywards is a transfer partner of all the major flexible points programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards, Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards and Capital One Venture miles.
Featured photo by Ryan Patterson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees