Hyatt just extended its ‘Work From Hyatt’ programs through the end of 2022
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information and offers.
As the coronavirus pandemic unfolded throughout 2020, Hyatt quickly became a leader in making the best out of a challenging situation — to say the least — both for companies across the travel industry and travelers themselves. The hotel brand jumped on a new trend that emerged after the initial round of COVID-related restrictions: the work-from-hotel package.
Hyatt became the first major hotel chain to offer a formal package within its portfolio, known as Work From Hyatt. The initial group of participating hotels was just over two dozen properties, designed for the countless people working remotely looking for ways to flip the script on the pandemic and use their newfound flexibility to change up their routine — at least for a few days.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Work From Hyatt packages proved to be popular, as the chain expanded the program to many more resorts across the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, and the rest of the world. And while this was initially limited to longer stays, Hyatt added a single-day option (similar to offerings from Hilton and Marriott) last December.
The Work From Hyatt programs have been around for a while now, and even as the pandemic has loosened its grip in the United States, the chain is still offering its “Office for the Day” and its extended-stay programs — but the ways to go about booking have changed.
To book one of these offerings now, guests need to use a special code when booking, depending on the type of stay. For the Office for the Day program, guests need to use the code “Office,” as explained on the package website. For longer stay packages with a minimum of five to seven nights (depending on the property), use the code “WFHYAT,” also as detailed on Hyatt’s website.
Let’s take a look at all the details.
Office for the Day
Work From Hyatt: Office for the Day packages are available at hundreds of properties worldwide, and the program doesn’t seem to have an end date on the books currently.
Rates start at $65 per day and give guests access to a standard guest room from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. This includes the following amenities:
- A dedicated workspace
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi
- A 10% discount on food and beverage
- Complimentary in-room bottled water, coffee and tea
- In-room wellness offerings — including Headspace meditations through the World of Hyatt app
- Access to hotel’s gym and pool (where available)
You can also use redeem points for an Office for the Day packages and have the ability to upgrade your room type.
Guests will receive all of the typical elite benefits to which they’re entitled, and Office for the Day rates are eligible to earn World of Hyatt points. This package no longer qualifies for Tier-Qualifying Night credits, however.
Available at several hundred hotels in major cities across the globe, you can take advantage of these day rates at a wide range of properties and brands, from Hyatt Place to Hyatt Centric and even hotels that are part of the Unbound Collection.
Hyatt publishes rates starting from $65, but make sure you check the individual property you’d like to book, as the price varies depending on date and hotel. To book, call 1-866-886-5053 or visit hyatt.com and use Special Offer Code OFFICE.
One thing to note: Prices for an Office for the Day rate aren’t always cheaper than what you’d pay for a standard nightly rate, so double-check before you confirm your booking.
Work From Hyatt extended-stay packages
Hyatt also offers packages for longer stays, known as Work From Hyatt packages. They’re available through Dec. 11, 2022, for stays of at least five or seven nights.
These packages, which start from $139 per night, include standard amenities like a dedicated workspace, housekeeping based on the guests’ preferences, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary self or valet parking, discounted or complimentary laundry and a daily food and beverage credit. And, depending on the property, you’ll receive additional perks like complimentary pool cabanas, free rounds of golf, s’mores kits, private cooking classes, a dedicated concierge and sometimes free kids’ programs.
Resort fees are waived when you book a Work from Hyatt package, and you’ll still receive the benefits you normally would, including points earning, elite-night earning and elite-status benefits (if applicable). You’ll also be able to use your World of Hyatt points to book a Work from Hyatt package.
With dozens of participating properties, you should have no problem finding a place to go, whether your idea of a perfect remote work or learning destination is a ski lodge or an all-inclusive Caribbean resort.
Some of our favorite hotels currently offering a Work from Hyatt package include the following spots:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay in Maryland
- Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa in Texas
- The newly renovated Park Hyatt Aviara in California
- Grand Hyatt Vail in Colorado
- Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya near Cancun, Mexico
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek in Colorado
- Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo
However, there are so many other great options, and if you want to book one of these packages for yourself, you can call Hyatt directly at 1-866-886-5053 or book online with code WFHYAT.
The Great Relocate Package
If a week or two just isn’t long enough, World of Hyatt members can take advantage of an extra-special package called “The Great Relocate,” which allows members to stay for a month or longer at select hotels and resorts in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India.
Available now through Dec. 31, 2022, this package requires a minimum stay of 29 nights. Members who book for 60+ nights can receive a complimentarily one-room category upgrade while guests who book for 90+ nights can receive a second room category upgrade, subject to availability.
Like the other packages, guests at participating hotels receive a handful of perks, including twice a week housekeeping, gym access, airport or train station pickup, up to three hours of complimentary board meeting room usage per month, IT help for any tech issues, 25% off food & beverage (though there are some exceptions based on property) and 25% off laundry services.
With this package, World of Hyatt members receive standard in-room benefits, including the ability to earn points and have nights count toward elite-tier status. It’s worth pointing out that one of the stays can easily put you on the fast track to elite status. Staying 30 nights alone, which is basically the minimum requirement of this package, will get you Explorist status, which comes with perks like potential room upgrades, elite check-in and late check-out, up to 2 p.m.
For this package, a deposit of at least 29 nights is required. Guests can cancel stays within 72 hours at no charge. To book, guests must be World of Hyatt members and either call 1-866-886-5053 or book online.
And with more than 130 locations around the world to choose from, the most challenging part will be deciding where to (and what time zone you want to work on). Some standout options include the Park Hyatt Zurich, the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme, the Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid, Alila Fort Bishangarh, The Diwa Club by Alila and plenty more.
While travel seems to be returning in at least some parts of the world, plenty of people are still working from home and need a place to experience some peace and quiet or simply a change of scenery.
Hyatt’s set of remote-working and vacation packages offer something for everybody — and are still available through 2022. So if you’ve been considering booking to give your remote-work routine a switch-up, don’t hesitate to book before these packages go away.
Additional reporting by Tanner Saunders
Featured image by Melanie Lieberman/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees