Hilton offering bonus points to members who book work-from-hotel stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
As practically everyone has grown tired of their own four walls, but travel demand has yet to return to full steam, 2020 has become (among other things) the year of work-from-hotel packages.
First, there were offerings from Hyatt, then Marriott and Hilton and other hotel brands rushed to meet the needs of those who are more than done with working from their home office (or couch). About a month ago, Hilton introduced the WorkSpaces by Hilton program, its version of the work-from-hotel trend.
These special day rates are valid at participating Hilton locations across the U.S., U.K. and Canada. At Hilton, guests can expect a private “office” space complete with a real desk and chair, complimentary Wi-Fi and access to other hotel-specific amenities.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
And, Hilton Honors is sweetening the deal by offering 10,000 bonus points after the first WorkSpaces by Hilton stay at participating properties. To receive the bonus points, you must book and stay by March 31, 2021. TPG values 10,000 Hilton points at $60, which could be a sizable return on some of these packages.
In addition to bonus points, Honors members are able to stack other active promotions, earn elite-night credit and points from on-property spending as they would on any other stay — and even get a room upgrade, if available. Silver elite members and above will receive two complimentary bottles of water, and Hilton Diamond members will receive complimentary premium Wi-Fi as well as lounge access, if available. (Including those got their Diamond status just by having the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card.) The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
As an example of what’s possible with WorkSpaces by Hilton, you can book a day rate at the Conrad New York Downtown starting from $300.
Guests will receive a “Clean Market zen box” (worth $100 according to Hilton), a discount on a wellness treatment at the adjacent Brookfield Place, room service for both breakfast and lunch and a cocktail delivery at 4 p.m. all for that one package rate.
But you don’t have to go that high-end. Day rates at Hilton Boston Back Bay start at $99 for a hotel office. Rooms come equipped with air purifiers, wireless printers, a shredder, an ergonomic chair, Bluetooth speaker and complimentary water all day.
You can get in a work-out right in your room with the provided exercise ball and resistance bands. You’ll also receive a $20 credit to the Corner Pantry in the lobby.
Unlike its competitors Marriott and Hyatt, Hilton’s formal offering doesn’t have an extended-stay option (though individual properties may offer one on their own). Instead, this is just a special day rate for those in need of a clean, comfortable and quiet space to get tasks done, away from all the distractions at home.
If that’s not what you need, know that Marriott offers guests three different flavors of remote-work packages and Hyatt has decided to go after workers who want a longer-term change of scenery by only offering packages with a seven-night minimum-stay requirement.
If you’re interested in booking a WorkSpaces by Hilton stay, please note that you will have to call the property directly in order to book.
Featured image courtesy of the Conrad New York Downtown.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees