Virgin Voyages unveils its second ship and 3 Mediterranean itineraries
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The long-awaited arrival of Virgin Voyages is coming soon. And with the excitement surrounding the introduction of its first ship, Scarlet Lady, in March 2020 (when it welcomes its so-called sailors for teaser itineraries), the cruise line is now looking forward to its second ship. On Tuesday, the cruise line announced it will introduce its second ship, Valiant Lady, in 2021.
According to Virgin Voyages, Valiant Lady will debut in May 2021 and will sail on seven-night Mediterranean itineraries out of Barcelona, Spain.
Valiant Lady will sail the following seven-night voyages:
- Itinerary 1: Ports include Barcelona and Ibiza, Spain; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Marseille, France; and Olbia, Italy.
- Itinerary 2: Ports include Barcelona and Ibiza, Spain; Toulon and Ajaccio, France; Marina di Carrara and Cagliari, Italy.
- Itinerary 3: Ports include Barcelona, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca and Málaga, Spain; and Gibraltar on the Iberian Peninsula.
Notably, each of the three itineraries features a Friday overnight stay in Ibiza, a Spanish island known for its nightlife. Bookings for each of the three itineraries will go on sale Dec. 19, 2019, though sailing won’t begin until May 2021.
There is no pricing information available yet for these Mediterranean itineraries.
Virgin Voyages’ first ship, Scarlet Lady, is set to make its official maiden voyage on April 1, 2020, sailing from Miami to several ports in the Caribbean. Virgin Voyages has branded itself as the cruise line for people who wouldn’t typically consider cruising. Each of its ships has a no-kids-allowed policy, and the ships are designed to cater to a younger, millennial audience.
Passengers will be allowed to shake their device to get Champagne delivered on demand, stop by the onboard Squid Ink tattoo parlor or go to a drag queen brunch. There’s no telling what kinds of amenities the Valiant Lady will feature on board, but we’re holding our breath for something special from Virgin Voyages.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Voyages.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.