Virgin Voyages unveils its second ship and 3 Mediterranean itineraries
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The long-awaited arrival of Virgin Voyages is coming soon. And with the excitement surrounding the introduction of its first ship, Scarlet Lady, in March 2020 (when it welcomes its so-called sailors for teaser itineraries), the cruise line is now looking forward to its second ship. On Tuesday, the cruise line announced it will introduce its second ship, Valiant Lady, in 2021.
According to Virgin Voyages, Valiant Lady will debut in May 2021 and will sail on seven-night Mediterranean itineraries out of Barcelona, Spain.
Valiant Lady will sail the following seven-night voyages:
- Itinerary 1: Ports include Barcelona and Ibiza, Spain; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Marseille, France; and Olbia, Italy.
- Itinerary 2: Ports include Barcelona and Ibiza, Spain; Toulon and Ajaccio, France; Marina di Carrara and Cagliari, Italy.
- Itinerary 3: Ports include Barcelona, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca and Málaga, Spain; and Gibraltar on the Iberian Peninsula.
Notably, each of the three itineraries features a Friday overnight stay in Ibiza, a Spanish island known for its nightlife. Bookings for each of the three itineraries will go on sale Dec. 19, 2019, though sailing won’t begin until May 2021.
There is no pricing information available yet for these Mediterranean itineraries.
Virgin Voyages’ first ship, Scarlet Lady, is set to make its official maiden voyage on April 1, 2020, sailing from Miami to several ports in the Caribbean. Virgin Voyages has branded itself as the cruise line for people who wouldn’t typically consider cruising. Each of its ships has a no-kids-allowed policy, and the ships are designed to cater to a younger, millennial audience.
Passengers will be allowed to shake their device to get Champagne delivered on demand, stop by the onboard Squid Ink tattoo parlor or go to a drag queen brunch. There’s no telling what kinds of amenities the Valiant Lady will feature on board, but we’re holding our breath for something special from Virgin Voyages.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Voyages.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees