Get a bottle of Champagne delivered by shaking your phone on Virgin Voyages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Voyages isn’t your average cruise line. It says it is designed for people who say they hate cruises, with ships that will feature luxurious rockstar suites and an onboard tattoo parlor. Plus it will allow no kids on board and feature unique destinations including Virgin’s own island. Now, add something else that sounds unusual on a cruise ship, or anywhere for that matter: the company says it will introduce the possibility for passengers to order Champagne with just a shake of their phone.
With the “Shake for Champagne” service, passengers can be anywhere on the ship and shake their phone in order to get Champagne delivery on demand.
The Champagne in question will be a 750ml bottle of Möet Chandon Impérial, served in a red bucket — red being one of the Virgin institutional colors. Each “Shake for Champagne” delivery will cost $95 per bottle. You’ll also be able to get Champagne in a more traditional way, at the dedicated on-ship Champagne and caviar bar, called Sip (shown in the featured image in this story.)
Through Nov. 30, if you book an April or May 2020 sailing with Virgin Voyages, you’ll receive a complimentary bottle of Möet Chandon Impérial in your cabin upon arrival.
Virgin Voyages is set to set sail in 2020, with its first journey from Miami to the Caribbean. Scarlet Lady, the cruise line’s first ship, is one of four on order.
Featured photo courtesy of Virgin Voyages.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees