Get a bottle of Champagne delivered by shaking your phone on Virgin Voyages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Voyages isn’t your average cruise line. It says it is designed for people who say they hate cruises, with ships that will feature luxurious rockstar suites and an onboard tattoo parlor. Plus it will allow no kids on board and feature unique destinations including Virgin’s own island. Now, add something else that sounds unusual on a cruise ship, or anywhere for that matter: the company says it will introduce the possibility for passengers to order Champagne with just a shake of their phone.
With the “Shake for Champagne” service, passengers can be anywhere on the ship and shake their phone in order to get Champagne delivery on demand.
The Champagne in question will be a 750ml bottle of Möet Chandon Impérial, served in a red bucket — red being one of the Virgin institutional colors. Each “Shake for Champagne” delivery will cost $95 per bottle. You’ll also be able to get Champagne in a more traditional way, at the dedicated on-ship Champagne and caviar bar, called Sip (shown in the featured image in this story.)
Through Nov. 30, if you book an April or May 2020 sailing with Virgin Voyages, you’ll receive a complimentary bottle of Möet Chandon Impérial in your cabin upon arrival.
Virgin Voyages is set to set sail in 2020, with its first journey from Miami to the Caribbean. Scarlet Lady, the cruise line’s first ship, is one of four on order.
Featured photo courtesy of Virgin Voyages.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.