Act now: 3-night Virgin Voyages “teaser” cruises on sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unless you closely follow cruise news, you’re probably only half-heard about Richard Branson’s forthcoming Virgin Voyages. But, if you’ve at all listened to what Branson and his team are developing, you know a voyage aboard the cruise line’s first ship, Scarlet Lady, will be something out of the ordinary.
Virgin Voyages — with its no kids allowed mandate — is betting that it can make cruise vacations cooler and more compelling, especially for millennials who may have historically avoided these sorts of getaways.
For those at all interested in this sort of vacation, there’s great news: Two new short “teaser” cruises have been added to the Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady’s agenda. Last February, the ship’s April 1 inaugural sailings went on sale.
However, if you act fast, you have the opportunity to sail even sooner on one of two three-day Miami round-trip voyages. You can sail March 26–29, 2020 or March 29–April 1, 2020 on a sneak-a-peek sailing. The two itineraries are the same: Depart in the evening from Miami on Day 1, spend Day 2 at the Virgin Voyages-designed Beach Club at Bimini, spend the third day at sea and disembark back in Miami on the fourth morning.
You can book anything from a solo Insider Cabin to a larger Sea Terrace, RockStar Suite or Mega RockStar Suite on both sailings. Several TPG staffers snagged cabins as soon as we heard they were on sale.
The onboard experience promises to be a departure from more traditional cruise ships that still offer set tablemates, predetermined dining times and hairy-chest contests by the pool. Instead, you could head to the Squid Ink tattoo parlor to get some ink…
… or attend a drag-queen brunch or spend the day at the beach club on Bimini.
Virgin Cruise fares also pack a punch with included (and unlimited) Wi-Fi and nonalcoholic beverages (still and sparkling water, non-pressed juices, sodas, teas and drip coffee). All dining venues are included (no supplements for “specialty dining”) and even tips are included in the cruise fare. The cruise line will also roll out a loyalty program.
If you’ve been thinking about trying Virgin Voyages (and aren’t afraid of early-sailing kinks), now is the day to book one of the available three-day “give it a try” itineraries. Voyages for one start at $1,150 and voyages for two start at $2,300. The least expensive cabin available for the official maiden voyage on April 1 is about $3,800.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Voyages
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees