Act now: 3-night Virgin Voyages “teaser” cruises on sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unless you closely follow cruise news, you’re probably only half-heard about Richard Branson’s forthcoming Virgin Voyages. But, if you’ve at all listened to what Branson and his team are developing, you know a voyage aboard the cruise line’s first ship, Scarlet Lady, will be something out of the ordinary.
Virgin Voyages — with its no kids allowed mandate — is betting that it can make cruise vacations cooler and more compelling, especially for millennials who may have historically avoided these sorts of getaways.
For those at all interested in this sort of vacation, there’s great news: Two new short “teaser” cruises have been added to the Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady’s agenda. Last February, the ship’s April 1 inaugural sailings went on sale.
However, if you act fast, you have the opportunity to sail even sooner on one of two three-day Miami round-trip voyages. You can sail March 26–29, 2020 or March 29–April 1, 2020 on a sneak-a-peek sailing. The two itineraries are the same: Depart in the evening from Miami on Day 1, spend Day 2 at the Virgin Voyages-designed Beach Club at Bimini, spend the third day at sea and disembark back in Miami on the fourth morning.
You can book anything from a solo Insider Cabin to a larger Sea Terrace, RockStar Suite or Mega RockStar Suite on both sailings. Several TPG staffers snagged cabins as soon as we heard they were on sale.
The onboard experience promises to be a departure from more traditional cruise ships that still offer set tablemates, predetermined dining times and hairy-chest contests by the pool. Instead, you could head to the Squid Ink tattoo parlor to get some ink…
… or attend a drag-queen brunch or spend the day at the beach club on Bimini.
Virgin Cruise fares also pack a punch with included (and unlimited) Wi-Fi and nonalcoholic beverages (still and sparkling water, non-pressed juices, sodas, teas and drip coffee). All dining venues are included (no supplements for “specialty dining”) and even tips are included in the cruise fare. The cruise line will also roll out a loyalty program.
If you’ve been thinking about trying Virgin Voyages (and aren’t afraid of early-sailing kinks), now is the day to book one of the available three-day “give it a try” itineraries. Voyages for one start at $1,150 and voyages for two start at $2,300. The least expensive cabin available for the official maiden voyage on April 1 is about $3,800.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Voyages
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.