13 ways to get the most bang for your buck with TPG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG celebrated its 10th anniversary this year and over the past decade, we’ve grown quite a bit.
Not only has our team expanded tremendously, but our presence on the internet has as well. From Brian Kelly’s first blog post to Facebook groups and webinars, we’re so much more than what’s on the website.
To keep you up to date with all that TPG has going on right now, we’ve rounded up all the ways you can stay in touch with us.
Here’s the full list:
TPG himself, Brian Kelly, just launched his own weekly newsletter, a direct line from TPG to all of you. Every Sunday, read about the week in travel, including Brian’s take on the state of the industry, trends in award availability and so much more. You’ll also get exclusive content like data from our Points Lab team.
TPG’s resident cruise expert, Gene Sloan, has launched a biweekly newsletter dedicated to — you guessed it — the world of cruising. This read is for the many people like you who are hungry for cruise planning advice and the latest news about lines, ships, itineraries and ports.
If you need a reminder, Gene has written about cruising for more than two decades, and his stories have appeared in more than 100 publications including Afar Magazine, USA TODAY and more than 60 Gannett-owned newspapers. He’s written cruise guides for Frommer’s and served as a cruise expert for The Travel Channel. He’s also sailed on more than 150 different ships operated by 40 lines.
TPG Senior Aviation Editor Ben Mutzabaugh is bringing you our newest newsletter about all things aviation. Sign up for a biweekly update on the latest in airline news and trends, delivered straight to your inbox. It will serve as your main source to keep up with all the trends and developments affecting the airline industry. Readers should look forward to a weekly Q&A that will alternate between reader questions and interviews with industry insiders.
You might remember Ben from his days at USA Today, where he launched the award-winning Today in the Sky blog in 2002. It was one of the first blogs to focus on the airline industry, where Ben covered some of the most exciting aviation stories of the past two decades – including numerous airline mergers and failures, the first-ever commercial passenger flight on the then-new Boeing 787 Dreamliner and interviews with top industry CEOs.
Have a question for the TPG community? You’re definitely going to want to join one (or all) of our TPG Facebook groups.
- TPG Lounge: By joining the TPG Lounge, you’ll help drive the conversation when it comes to travel, plus you’ll be able to virtually mingle with tens of thousands of other travel-savvy individuals who share your same enthusiasm for points & miles.
- TPG Family: If you’re always looking for ways to make travel more fun, less stressful and less expensive for you and your family then this group is the place to be.
- TPG Women: TPG Women is a safe space exclusively for women to ask questions about all things travel, with an emphasis on points and miles. In this group, women share tips for safe solo travel, discuss how to maximize travel rewards, and get the opportunity to network with fellow women travelers.
- TPG Small Biz: This community is meant to help small-business leaders learn strategies to maximize their rewards on small-business expenses and how to redeem points and miles to help maximize their business’ budget.
Looking to spice up your Instagram feed with some killer travel photos and tips? Follow @thepointsguy on Instagram. TPG’s own Summer Hull also brings you everything you need to know about family travel (including Disney) at @mommypoints. And, if you’re looking for a mix of travel content with a nice dose of dogs, be sure to follow TPG himself on his personal account @briankelly. (Oh, and don’t forget about @thepointspups!)
If Twitter’s your preferred social media platform, give us a follow @thepointsguy to stay up to date with the latest stories on TPG. If you’re interested in deals in particular, follow @TPG_Alerts to automatically get notified when we publish a deal. Finally, for all things family travel you’re going to want to give @MommyPoints a follow.
You won’t find us doing any coordinated dances (yet) on TikTok, but you will find a behind-the-scenes look at where crew sleep on the airplane and what it’s like to fly private (spoiler alert: it’s pretty amazing).
“The Future of Travel with Brian Kelly” is a series of live events looking ahead at what’s in store for the travel industry as it begins to recover from the coronavirus pandemic. Join Brian as he interviews top experts and company executives on a range of topics, including traveler health, cleanliness measures, loyalty programs and what it all means for the traveling public.
Catch up on past webinars with everyone from award-winning journalist and television host Oneika Raymond to Joanna Geraghty, President and Chief Operating Officer of JetBlue.
‘TPG Talks’ is a free webinar series where we offer an in-depth look into loyalty programs, how to navigate flight changes and more with our experts here at TPG. Catch up on past episodes such as navigating travel changes and cancellations and the future of cruising here.
Over on YouTube, you have access to everything from the latest changes in the travel industry and what that means for travelers to getting some inspiration for a future trip. You can also check out all of TPG’s travel adventures in Brian’s “Being the Points Guy” vlog series.
Follow us on Pinterest for all the travel inspiration, tips, and hotel and flight reviews you need to plan the perfect trip.
Easily pin and read your favorite TPG stories and browse the latest news on our curated Flipboard page.
Coming soon: The TPG App
- Learn: You’ll get relevant content based on where you live, what airlines you fly and where you want to travel.
- Earn: We’ll help you determine which credit cards and loyalty programs make the most sense for your exact needs and spending habits.
- Burn: We’re giving you the tools you need to maximize every mile and point you redeem.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees