Korean Air to Launch Nonstop Service to Boston in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Korean Air announced on Monday that it’s adding another East Coast US destination to its route network. Beginning spring 2019, Korean will launch nonstop service between Seoul (ICN) and Boston (BOS).
According to One Mile at a Time, the 5x weekly service will launch on April 12, 2019. However, at this time, the new nonstop flights are not showing on Korean’s site. The route will operate on the following schedule on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays:
- KE89 Seoul (ICN) 9:30am Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 10:30am Arrival
- KE90 Boston (BOS) 1:30pm Departure ⇒ Seoul (ICN) 4:50pm (+1) Arrival
The 6,828-mile flight will be operated by one of Korean’s Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners. Korean’s 789s featured a three-cabin configuration — first, Prestige (business) and economy. Interestingly enough, the carrier’s 789s feature the same seat in both first and business — an APEX seat. The only major difference between the two seats is that the in-flight entertainment screen in first class is considerably larger.
More specifically, in the first-class cabin, you can expect to find one row of six lie-flat seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. Each of the seats features 82 inches of pitch and is 20.8 inches wide. Check this guide for information on which first class seats are best.
In Prestige class, you can expect the same 2-2-2 configuration. However, in this business-class cabin, there are a total of 18 seats, with each offering 75 inches of pitch and the same 20.8 inches of width. Check this guide for information on which business class seats are best.
The economy cabin features 247 seats in a 3-3-3 configuration. Each offers a generous 33-34 inches of pitch and 18 inches of width. Check this guide for information on which economy seats are best.
Delta and Korean recently finalized a joint venture agreement, allowing passengers to connect seamlessly to each other’s route network. In addition, Delta flyers can now earn elite miles when flying with Korean, as well as being able to use Delta global upgrade certificates when flying with the carrier. Once the BOS route launches, Korean will serve a total of 11 US destinations — Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DFW), Honolulu (HNL), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) and Washington, DC (IAD).
As of time of publication, the flights are not yet loaded on Korean’s site and are therefore not bookable. However, Korean’s SkyPass program is known for offering some great award sweet spots. A round-trip award between BOS and ICN will cost 160,000 miles in first, 125,000 miles in business or 70,000 miles in coach. (During peak season, those rates jump to 240,000 miles, 185,000 miles or 105,000 miles for first, business and coach, respectively.) Check out this guide of five things to know about the SkyPass program so you’re ready to book when the tickets do become available.
Featured photo by Zach Honig.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees