You Can Now Earn Delta Elite Miles When Flying Korean
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta and Korean announced intentions to form a joint venture in 2017, with Delta hoping to rely more on Korean when connecting passengers in Asia.
Now that the joint venture has been approved by both the US and Korean governments, Delta has revealed its expanded mileage earning chart. Up until now you couldn’t earn MQMs, MQDs or bonus award miles when flying Korean and crediting the flights to Delta.
Earning rates are way better than they were before — especially if you’re flying first, business or full-fare economy since you’ll now receive a bonus based on class of service. Delta elites will now receive bonus redeemable miles, which they didn’t under the old chart.
The MQD and MQM earnings are on the higher end for business and first class, too — making this a great opportunity for a mileage run if there’s ever a cheap premium class fare on Korean since MQDs on Korean are actually based on the distance flown, not how many dollars were spent on the airline.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees