You Can Now Earn Delta Elite Miles When Flying Korean
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta and Korean announced intentions to form a joint venture in 2017, with Delta hoping to rely more on Korean when connecting passengers in Asia.
Now that the joint venture has been approved by both the US and Korean governments, Delta has revealed its expanded mileage earning chart. Up until now you couldn’t earn MQMs, MQDs or bonus award miles when flying Korean and crediting the flights to Delta.
Earning rates are way better than they were before — especially if you’re flying first, business or full-fare economy since you’ll now receive a bonus based on class of service. Delta elites will now receive bonus redeemable miles, which they didn’t under the old chart.
The MQD and MQM earnings are on the higher end for business and first class, too — making this a great opportunity for a mileage run if there’s ever a cheap premium class fare on Korean since MQDs on Korean are actually based on the distance flown, not how many dollars were spent on the airline.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees