This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta and Korean announced intentions to form a joint venture in 2017, with Delta hoping to rely more on Korean when connecting passengers in Asia.
Now that the joint venture has been approved by both the US and Korean governments, Delta has revealed its expanded mileage earning chart. Up until now you couldn’t earn MQMs, MQDs or bonus award miles when flying Korean and crediting the flights to Delta.
Earning rates are way better than they were before — especially if you’re flying first, business or full-fare economy since you’ll now receive a bonus based on class of service. Delta elites will now receive bonus redeemable miles, which they didn’t under the old chart.
The MQD and MQM earnings are on the higher end for business and first class, too — making this a great opportunity for a mileage run if there’s ever a cheap premium class fare on Korean since MQDs on Korean are actually based on the distance flown, not how many dollars were spent on the airline.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees