You Can Now Use Delta Global Upgrade Certificates on Korean Air
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday Delta revealed mileage earnings for flights on its new joint-venture partner, Korean Air. Now we have even more good news about the integration of the two carriers.
Delta announced that you will be able to use Global Upgrade Certificates on Korean. This is similar to how you can use Global Upgrades and even SkyMiles to bump yourself up on Delta’s other joint venture partner Virgin Atlantic. Global Upgrade Certificates can also be redeemed on select Air France, KLM and Aeromexico flights.
Global Upgrade certificates are available as a choice benefit for Delta Diamond Medallions, the carrier’s highest elite tier.
Using a global upgrade can be difficult, even on Delta itself. When using them on Korean, you’ll be restricted to purchasing Y, B and M fare classes which usually means you’ll have to pay a pretty penny for an upgradable ticket. Still, with the high quality of Korean’s business class, it could be worth redeeming a certificate on the carrier.
Upgrades have to be confirmed at least 24 hours prior to departure, and you unfortunately can’t put yourself on the waitlist. And upgrading to first class isn’t an option either.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees