You Can Now Use Delta Global Upgrade Certificates on Korean Air
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday Delta revealed mileage earnings for flights on its new joint-venture partner, Korean Air. Now we have even more good news about the integration of the two carriers.
Delta announced that you will be able to use Global Upgrade Certificates on Korean. This is similar to how you can use Global Upgrades and even SkyMiles to bump yourself up on Delta’s other joint venture partner Virgin Atlantic. Global Upgrade Certificates can also be redeemed on select Air France, KLM and Aeromexico flights.
Global Upgrade certificates are available as a choice benefit for Delta Diamond Medallions, the carrier’s highest elite tier.
Using a global upgrade can be difficult, even on Delta itself. When using them on Korean, you’ll be restricted to purchasing Y, B and M fare classes which usually means you’ll have to pay a pretty penny for an upgradable ticket. Still, with the high quality of Korean’s business class, it could be worth redeeming a certificate on the carrier.
Upgrades have to be confirmed at least 24 hours prior to departure, and you unfortunately can’t put yourself on the waitlist. And upgrading to first class isn’t an option either.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.