This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday Delta revealed mileage earnings for flights on its new joint-venture partner, Korean Air. Now we have even more good news about the integration of the two carriers.
Delta announced that you will be able to use Global Upgrade Certificates on Korean. This is similar to how you can use Global Upgrades and even SkyMiles to bump yourself up on Delta’s other joint venture partner Virgin Atlantic. Global Upgrade Certificates can also be redeemed on select Air France, KLM and Aeromexico flights.
Global Upgrade certificates are available as a choice benefit for Delta Diamond Medallions, the carrier’s highest elite tier.
Using a global upgrade can be difficult, even on Delta itself. When using them on Korean, you’ll be restricted to purchasing Y, B and M fare classes which usually means you’ll have to pay a pretty penny for an upgradable ticket. Still, with the high quality of Korean’s business class, it could be worth redeeming a certificate on the carrier.
Upgrades have to be confirmed at least 24 hours prior to departure, and you unfortunately can’t put yourself on the waitlist. And upgrading to first class isn’t an option either.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards