Hyatt Launches Two New Promotions, Including 50% Off Miraval Award Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The World of Hyatt program’s current promotion ends in just two weeks, but if you’re looking for ways to get more from your Hyatt stays this summer, you’re in luck. The program has just announced the launch of two new promotions to go along with the existing offer for staying at new brands this year. While neither is available across the entire global portfolio of properties, both can be a nice way to boost your account balance at participating hotels without any effort on your part.
Let’s dive into each one.
Bonus Offers at Miraval Resorts
The first offer is termed “Stay Well, Stay Rewarded at Miraval Resorts” and applies to stays at the Miraval Austin or Miraval Arizona with a checkout date between May 1 and August 31, 2019. There are actually two separate components to this offer, depending on the type of reservation you have, and it’s very similar to an offer from last year, though this is the first time we’ve seen this offer at the new Austin location. Complete details are available at this link, but here are the highlights:
If you’ve been looking to redeem points to stay at either of these Miraval locations, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better time to do so. Members who book an award stay with a checkout date between May 1 and August 31 will receive 50% of their redeemed points back as a bonus within 6-8 weeks after your stay (meaning you must have enough points to cover the full amount of the stay). Hyatt uses an entirely separate award chart for Miraval stays, and rates at these two properties are usually quite expensive, especially since they’re based on single occupancy; a second person typically requires an extra 20,000 points per night.
However, here are the effective award rates you’d pay with this offer after the 50% portion is returned:
- Standard room (one adult): 22,500 points per night
- Standard room (two adults): 32,500 points per night
- Suite (one adult): 37,500 points per night
- Suite (two adults): 47,500 points per night
- Premium suite (one adult): 52,500 points per night
- Premium suite (two adults): 62,500 points per night
These rates may still seem astronomical, but remember that these stays aren’t your everyday Hyatt hotel. You’ll enjoy complimentary food and non-alcoholic drinks, a $175 resort credit per person per night, and numerous complimentary wellness activities, fitness classes, lectures and more. Even though summer isn’t exactly high season at either location (it’s pretty hot in Texas and Arizona come August), I’m still seeing rates of $600 or even more once you factor in taxes and fees, so this could be a great way to maximize your Hyatt redemptions.
Again, just remember that you’ll receive these points back as a bonus rather than getting a discount up-front, so you’ll need to have enough points to cover the entire redemption. If your Hyatt account balance is a bit shy of the needed amount, remember that Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer to World of Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio, and the transfer should process immediately. This makes it easy for holders of cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve and Ink Business Preferred Credit Card to snag Hyatt award stays and get outsized value for their Chase points.
Miraval award stays can’t be booked online, so you’ll need to call (866) 792-3395 to redeem your points. And if you’ve already booked an award stay during the offer period, no need to worry. This offer doesn’t require registration, so as long as your checkout date falls between May 1 and August 31, you should be eligible for the returned points.
If, on the other hand, you’ve booked (or are planning to book) a paid stay at Miraval, you’re also eligible for a bonus this summer: double points. Instead of the normal 5 Hyatt points per dollar spent, you’ll earn 10 points per dollar. The same checkout dates apply, and once again, no registration is required, so this should apply to all existing stays.
This offer is even more enticing for cardholders of The World of Hyatt Credit Card (or its predecessor, which is no longer available to new applicants). That’s because you’re eligible for a $250 statement credit when you spend $500 or more directly with one of the Miraval properties in 2019. And since that’s provided as a statement credit on your card instead of a discount at the property, you should earn 10 Hyatt points per dollar spent for the full amount of the stay. No registration is required for this offer.
Bonuses for New Hotel Stays
The second promotion is being marketed as “500 reasons to stay somewhere new” and applies to stays at new Hyatt hotels around the world. For every night at eligible properties, members will receive 500 bonus points, and like the Miraval promotion, this one also doesn’t require registration. It even applies to award stays, so if you’re planning to redeem your Hyatt points at a new property, you’ll receive the bonus as well. 500 Hyatt points are only worth $8.50 based on TPG’s most recent valuations, but every point helps put your next award stay within reach.
While this promotion starts today and covers all of 2019, participating properties have their own date ranges during which you’d be eligible for the bonus points. There are currently nine eligible properties listed on the promotion landing page:
- Nam Nghi Phu Quoc Island (Kien Giang Province, Vietnam): May 1 – July 31, 2019
- Hyatt House Augusta/Downtown (Augusta, GA): May 1 – July 31, 2019
- Hyatt Place Dubai/Wasl District (Dubai, UAE): May 1 – July 31, 2019
- Hyatt Regency Algiers Airport (Algiers, Algeria): May 1 – July 31, 2019
- Hyatt House San Jose/Cupertino (Cupertino, CA): May 1 – July 31, 2019
- Hyatt Regency Liberation Square (Chongqing, China): May 1 – July 31, 2019
- Hyatt Regency Beijing Shiyuan (Beijing, China): May 1 – July 31, 2019
- Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere (Vienna, Austria): May 15 – August 31, 2019
- Hyatt Place Virginia Beach Town Center (Virginia Beach, VA): May 16 – August 31, 2019
However, additional hotels will be added as the year goes on, so feel free to bookmark the above page. You may not want to go out of your way to book one of these properties, but if you’re planning a trip to one of these areas, it’s nice to have some additional earning potential. And if you forget about it and just happen to visit an eligible hotel, you won’t miss out, since there’s no registration required.
The World of Hyatt program has really stepped up its game in recent months, with the addition of over 150 Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties, the integration of Thompson Hotels (part of the Two Roads Hospitality acquisition), and a solid first promotion. While these new ones aren’t overly exciting, it’s terrific that neither one requires registration. Hopefully some of you will be able to utilize one (or both) of them later this year.
(Featured photo by Summer Hull / The Points Guy)
- Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total within 6 months of account opening.
- Free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after your Cardmember anniversary
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status and 5 qualifying night credits every year as long as your account is open
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status everytime you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships