Here’s how you can earn double bonus points with Hyatt’s new promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
If you have Hyatt stays planned this spring, be sure to register for World of Hyatt’s new “Bonus Journeys” promotion. Depending on your Hyatt hotel brand of choice, you can earn double Hyatt points for your stay from Feb. 15 through May 15, 2020. Even better — more than 1,000 hotels and resorts are included, including Andaz, Thompson Hotels and Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
- All members can earn double points on eligible spending at:
- More than 875 Hyatt hotels across 17 brands such as Thompson Hotels, Hyatt Regency, Andaz and Grand Hyatt.
- 10+ participating MGM Resorts destinations including Bellagio, Aria and more.
- More than 300 participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels including locations in Croatia, Turks & Caicos and Denmark.
- Over 300 Lindblad Expedition experiences to Antarctica, the Galapagos and beyond.
- Plus, World of Hyatt Credit Card members and Hyatt Credit Card members can earn an additional 1,500 bonus points for each qualifying stay that includes a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night (also starting with the second stay).
Note that the promotion kicks in starting with your second stay. Your first stay can be at any participating Hyatt property. To take advantage of the promotion, you must be a World of Hyatt member and register before March 31, 2020. If you hold The World Of Hyatt Credit Card or Hyatt Credit Card, you can earn the additional credit card bonus for each qualifying stay that includes a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night (starting with the second stay).
World of Hyatt rewards its members for each hotel stay across its global portfolio. You can earn points on all Hyatt hotel stays booked directly through Hyatt’s website, which includes the 300+ Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties that were added last year along with the Thompson and Joie de Vivre brands added as part of the Two Roads Hospitality integration. The exact number of points you’ll earn on each stay depends on a few different factors:
- How much you paid for your stay
- Your World of Hyatt elite status tier
- Any promotions for which you’ve registered
Travelers with World of Hyatt elite status will earn an additional points bonus on all hotel stays. Here’s how many extra points each tier earns:
- Discoverist: 10% bonus (0.5 extra points per dollar spent)
- Explorist: 20% bonus (1 extra point per dollar spent)
- Globalist: 30% bonus (1.5 extra points per dollar spent)
In addition to this double points promotion, Hyatt is currently offering members the opportunity to earn 3,000 bonus points — worth $51 based on TPG’s most recent valuations — for every paid stay at SLH properties through March 2, 2020, if you registered by the end of January.
Featured photo courtesy of Andaz Dubai The Palm.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.