Hyatt Award Rates Available at the New All-Inclusive Miraval Austin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The World Of Hyatt Credit Card
One of my favorite ways to spend points is to experience places that I could otherwise never afford with cash. The Miraval family of resorts firmly fall into that category of somewhere we probably wouldn’t pay for with dollars, but loved with points. World of Hyatt points funded our anniversary stay at the Miraval Arizona earlier this year, and we enjoyed it so much that we have kept a very close eye on the progress of the forthcoming 220-acre Miraval Austin set in the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve.
Miraval is not just a place to stay. In fact, cross it off your list if you don’t plan to fully immerse yourself in what they have to offer. From spa services to classes on positivity to drum circles, equine events and well beyond, Miraval is somewhere you go to relax, recharge and recenter.
Miraval Austin Accepting Reservations
The new Miraval Austin (formerly Travaasa Austin), located northwest of Austin, is currently accepting reservations for stays beginning in January 2019. Cash rates for single occupancy start at $629 per night with double occupancy starting at $1,058. While those prices are high, keep in mind that the price includes all meals, many activities and a $175 nightly credit to use on spa services, drinks and other non-included classes and events.
However, the better news than just being able to spend hundreds (or thousands) of dollars to stay at the new wellness resort, is that they are also now accepting reservations using your World of Hyatt points.
Hyatt Award Prices For Miraval Austin
Hyatt tells TPG that the World of Hyatt award pricing for Miraval Austin is the same as at the Miraval Arizona Resort.
- Standard room (single occupancy): 45,000 World of Hyatt points per night
- Standard room (double occupancy): 65,000 World of Hyatt points per night
- Suite (single occupancy): 75,000 World of Hyatt points per night
- Suite (double occupancy): 95,000 World of Hyatt points per night
Points + Cash
- Standard room (single occupancy): 22,500 World of Hyatt points + $450 per night
- Standard room (double occupancy): 32,500 World of Hyatt points + $550 per night
Those rates are higher than even Category 7 Hyatt properties such as the Park Hyatt New York or Park Hyatt Sydney that top out at 30,000 points per night, but remember that each person gets a $175 daily resort credit (even on award stays) and meals are included, as are many daily activities.
Booking Miraval Austin
Sadly, Miraval awards cannot be booked online, you must call 1-866-792-3395. Based on my recent tests, there may still be some pre-opening bugs as the agents familiarize themselves with using World of Hyatt points to book the new Austin resort. It took three calls for me to find a Miraval agent who was able to secure reservations with Hyatt points, but it is possible, so be patient and persistent.
If you now find yourself wishing you had more World of Hyatt points, the World of Hyatt Credit Card awards up to 60,000 bonus World of Hyatt points: 40,000 points after spending $3,000 within the first three months of opening the account, and another 20,000 points after spending $6,000 total within the first six months.
You can also transfer points to Hyatt from your Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve at a 1:1 ratio. There have been periodic promotions at the Miraval Arizona for 50% of your points back on Miraval award stays, so time will tell if Austin benefits from the same type of occasional promotions.
Staying at a Miraval Resort is an investment whether you pay with points or money, but it truly is an investment in yourself, so points well spent in my book.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees