Hyatt Offering 50% Off Award Stays, Double Points at Miraval
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last summer, Hyatt made (relatively small) waves when it announced that Miraval, a leading resort in Arizona, would be joining the World of Hyatt program. Now, the chain is offering a 50% rebate on stays between June 1 and August 31, 2018 — typically a slower period in Arizona, one of the hottest states during the peak summer months.
Before the rebate, you’ll need to redeem points as follows:
- Standard room – 45,000 points per night or 22,500 points + $450 per night
- Suite – 75,000 points per night
- 20,000 points per night will be added for any room with double occupancy (10,000 points + $100 for Points + Cash stays)
When using points, each guest receives a $175 resort credit per day, along with unlimited meals, snacks and more than 120 wellness activities and classes each week.
With a 50% rebate, you’ll ultimately be redeeming 22,500 points as a single traveler in a standard room. Considering our 1.8-cent valuation for Hyatt points, that works out to $405 worth of points per night.
That may not seem like a great deal on the surface, since summer rates start at $349, but that figure jumps to $471 once you factor in the 23% resort fee and 12.06% tax. Not to mention the fact that award stays come with a resort credit of $175 per day. Assuming you’d be spending that much either way, that brings the net redemption cost down to just $230 — again, after the rebate.
Unfortunately you can’t book Miraval awards on Hyatt’s site — you’ll need to call (866) 792-3395 and make your reservation with an agent. If you’re short on Hyatt points, you can transfer instantly from Chase Ultimate Rewards, at a 1:1 ratio. You’ll receive the 50% back as a rebate to your Hyatt account within 8 weeks of checkout.
If you’d rather book your stay with cash, Hyatt is offering double points on stays during the same period. The bonus will be calculated according to the base points received, and will only be applied for one room. You’ll need to book an eligible rate in order to receive the bonus. Both promos are only valid for stays checking out between June 1 and August 31, 2018.
Featured image courtesy of Miraval.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees