Hyatt Offering 50% Off Award Stays, Double Points at Miraval
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last summer, Hyatt made (relatively small) waves when it announced that Miraval, a leading resort in Arizona, would be joining the World of Hyatt program. Now, the chain is offering a 50% rebate on stays between June 1 and August 31, 2018 — typically a slower period in Arizona, one of the hottest states during the peak summer months.
Before the rebate, you’ll need to redeem points as follows:
- Standard room – 45,000 points per night or 22,500 points + $450 per night
- Suite – 75,000 points per night
- 20,000 points per night will be added for any room with double occupancy (10,000 points + $100 for Points + Cash stays)
When using points, each guest receives a $175 resort credit per day, along with unlimited meals, snacks and more than 120 wellness activities and classes each week.
With a 50% rebate, you’ll ultimately be redeeming 22,500 points as a single traveler in a standard room. Considering our 1.8-cent valuation for Hyatt points, that works out to $405 worth of points per night.
That may not seem like a great deal on the surface, since summer rates start at $349, but that figure jumps to $471 once you factor in the 23% resort fee and 12.06% tax. Not to mention the fact that award stays come with a resort credit of $175 per day. Assuming you’d be spending that much either way, that brings the net redemption cost down to just $230 — again, after the rebate.
Unfortunately you can’t book Miraval awards on Hyatt’s site — you’ll need to call (866) 792-3395 and make your reservation with an agent. If you’re short on Hyatt points, you can transfer instantly from Chase Ultimate Rewards, at a 1:1 ratio. You’ll receive the 50% back as a rebate to your Hyatt account within 8 weeks of checkout.
If you’d rather book your stay with cash, Hyatt is offering double points on stays during the same period. The bonus will be calculated according to the base points received, and will only be applied for one room. You’ll need to book an eligible rate in order to receive the bonus. Both promos are only valid for stays checking out between June 1 and August 31, 2018.
Featured image courtesy of Miraval.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.