First Look at Turkish Airlines’ Swanky New Business Class Seats
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are upgrades, and then there are upgrades. What we’re seeing today falls squarely into the latter category, with Turkish Airlines showcasing one of the most stylish, privacy-focused business-class seats we’ve seen on any airline. With suites becoming more common in business cabins — including Qatar’s QSuite, Delta One Suites and over-the-top iterations from Singapore Airlines and Emirates — Turkish Airlines is showcasing a product that rivals the rest.
In a fresh Australian Business Traveller report, it’s reported that the Aurora seat from Stelia Aerospace (which is shown here from Singapore Airlines’ new regional business class product) will be installed on Turkish Airlines’ incoming Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 jets. The first of its Dreamliners are set to arrive in mid-2019.
The splendid 1-2-1 layout is said to offer full lie-flat seating, full access and full privacy thanks to a sliding pane available to the two middle passengers. The pane makes it easy for strangers to maintain privacy and couples to maintain connectedness. For passengers familiar with its dated 2-2-2 (and even 2-3-2 on some birds) business class layout, there is plenty to celebrate.
The report shares details of a 44″ seat pitch, an 18″ IFE display and even Alcantara padding in the seat itself. Stelia Aerospace’s Thierry Kanengieser stated: “This bespoke business class seat has been developed for Turkish Airlines as [its] best in class seat, in order to enhance passenger comfort for long haul [flights].”
Unfortunately, as has been reported prior, the carrier has no plans to retrofit its A330, A340 or Boeing 777 jets with the new business class seat, so those keen on planting themselves into this particular product will want to route carefully to ensure they end up in a Dreamliner or A350 going forward.
All images courtesy of Turkish Airlines.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.