This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are upgrades, and then there are upgrades. What we’re seeing today falls squarely into the latter category, with Turkish Airlines showcasing one of the most stylish, privacy-focused business-class seats we’ve seen on any airline. With suites becoming more common in business cabins — including Qatar’s QSuite, Delta One Suites and over-the-top iterations from Singapore Airlines and Emirates — Turkish Airlines is showcasing a product that rivals the rest.
In a fresh Australian Business Traveller report, it’s reported that the Aurora seat from Stelia Aerospace (which is shown here from Singapore Airlines’ new regional business class product) will be installed on Turkish Airlines’ incoming Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 jets. The first of its Dreamliners are set to arrive in mid-2019.
The splendid 1-2-1 layout is said to offer full lie-flat seating, full access and full privacy thanks to a sliding pane available to the two middle passengers. The pane makes it easy for strangers to maintain privacy and couples to maintain connectedness. For passengers familiar with its dated 2-2-2 (and even 2-3-2 on some birds) business class layout, there is plenty to celebrate.
The report shares details of a 44″ seat pitch, an 18″ IFE display and even Alcantara padding in the seat itself. Stelia Aerospace’s Thierry Kanengieser stated: “This bespoke business class seat has been developed for Turkish Airlines as [its] best in class seat, in order to enhance passenger comfort for long haul [flights].”
Unfortunately, as has been reported prior, the carrier has no plans to retrofit its A330, A340 or Boeing 777 jets with the new business class seat, so those keen on planting themselves into this particular product will want to route carefully to ensure they end up in a Dreamliner or A350 going forward.
All images courtesy of Turkish Airlines.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees