This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are upgrades, and then there are upgrades. What we’re seeing today falls squarely into the latter category, with Turkish Airlines showcasing one of the most stylish, privacy-focused business-class seats we’ve seen on any airline. With suites becoming more common in business cabins — including Qatar’s QSuite, Delta One Suites and over-the-top iterations from Singapore Airlines and Emirates — Turkish Airlines is showcasing a product that rivals the rest.
In a fresh Australian Business Traveller report, it’s reported that the Aurora seat from Stelia Aerospace (which is shown here from Singapore Airlines’ new regional business class product) will be installed on Turkish Airlines’ incoming Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 jets. The first of its Dreamliners are set to arrive in mid-2019.
The splendid 1-2-1 layout is said to offer full lie-flat seating, full access and full privacy thanks to a sliding pane available to the two middle passengers. The pane makes it easy for strangers to maintain privacy and couples to maintain connectedness. For passengers familiar with its dated 2-2-2 (and even 2-3-2 on some birds) business class layout, there is plenty to celebrate.
The report shares details of a 44″ seat pitch, an 18″ IFE display and even Alcantara padding in the seat itself. Stelia Aerospace’s Thierry Kanengieser stated: “This bespoke business class seat has been developed for Turkish Airlines as [its] best in class seat, in order to enhance passenger comfort for long haul [flights].”
Unfortunately, as has been reported prior, the carrier has no plans to retrofit its A330, A340 or Boeing 777 jets with the new business class seat, so those keen on planting themselves into this particular product will want to route carefully to ensure they end up in a Dreamliner or A350 going forward.
All images courtesy of Turkish Airlines.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees